VA Hospital visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Hospital visit

It's with deep regret that I will not be able to organize this years visit. If someone would step up, I can give you guidance as to how to put it together.

Thank you to all the Forum Freaks that have supported this visit in the past. This has been something close to my heart since my Dad was a WWII veteran.

As our power tour travels are coming to an end, I can say that you all have become very special friends and extended family to Ken & I! We love you all!

Linda

It is too bad you two aren't going to go this year. Does your post mean that you guys are done into the future also?
    We have always enjoyed the VA visits that we were able to make and will miss seeing you on tour
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

Linda, All I can say is, it will be a great loss of you and Ken on Power Tour....

Attached Files
      Last edited by 66Fury3; January 17, 2014, 11:37 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      2014 Dodge Ram 1500
      Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
      Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Ditto
          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Linda, I would like to thank you for doing this for so long, being a Vietnam Vet, the son, grandson and great grandson of vets I would hate to see this die. If you guys will allow me I am willing to arrive a day early and set this up. How ever I was thinking of doing it at the Va Home instead of the VA Hospital. My reasoning is that at the Home the Vets live there and we would reach more vets that have no one. Some of you may remember that I was the guy that set up the parking lot where we met before going over to the hospital in Detroit. The nearest Va Home and Hospital to Concord is in Salisbury NC about 30 miles away, they are next to each other. I only do the powertour every other year so some one else will have to do it in2015. If everyone allows me to do thisI would like some feed back on the Home Vs Hospital and would need someone to take on the Gift bags we gave out. Let me know what you think. Linda all the help you can give would be appreciated(sp?) my e-mail is [email protected].
            Ron Reidell
            56 F100
            2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Linda, your work on this for so many years has been appreciated by all. Especially me being a vet myself & doing all I could to set up an alternate event for 2009 in Madison since there would have been no way for us to go to the VA there due to space constraints. I do hope that our paths will cross again at some car related event, b e it Power Tour or any other event. You & Ken are great folks & it is always good to see you both.

That being said, I will support whoever takes over this task in any way I can even if I will not be able to attend. Lets try to continue this great tradition for years to come.
              Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by rocco3750 View Post
                Linda, I would like to thank you for doing this for so long, being a Vietnam Vet, the son, grandson and great grandson of vets I would hate to see this die. If you guys will allow me I am willing to arrive a day early and set this up. How ever I was thinking of doing it at the Va Home instead of the VA Hospital. My reasoning is that at the Home the Vets live there and we would reach more vets that have no one. Some of you may remember that I was the guy that set up the parking lot where we met before going over to the hospital in Detroit. The nearest Va Home and Hospital to Concord is in Salisbury NC about 30 miles away, they are next to each other. I only do the powertour every other year so some one else will have to do it in2015. If everyone allows me to do thisI would like some feed back on the Home Vs Hospital and would need someone to take on the Gift bags we gave out. Let me know what you think. Linda all the help you can give would be appreciated(sp?) my e-mail is [email protected].

great of you to volunteer to take on this task......keep us posted......rexx!
                Last edited by rexdogg; January 20, 2014, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Thank you Ron isn't enough! It sounds like you have a great start for this year's visit. I tried really hard to keep the visits at only VA homes but it was difficult at some of the cities where the power tour started. I will send you a pm to get the ball rolling.

Linda

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet View Post
                    Thank you Ron isn't enough! It sounds like you have a great start for this year's visit. I tried really hard to keep the visits at only VA homes but it was difficult at some of the cities where the power tour started. I will send you a pm to get the ball rolling.

Linda
                    Thanks Linda, it will be hard following in your footsteps. Hopefully I'll be able to get it together, as I said I will need help but I'm sure others will jump in. Hopefully we will meet again in the future.
                    Last edited by rocco3750; January 20, 2014, 08:35 PM.
                    Ron Reidell
                    56 F100

Comment

Thanks Linda, it will be hard following in your footsteps. Hopefully I'll be able to get it together, as I said I will need help but I'm sure others will jump in. Hopefully we will meet again in the future.
                      Let me know if I can do anything here on the ground.

Check out Richards Coffee Shop in Mooresville, I am sure they will have some contacts and ideas to make this happen.

There are several vets that go on tour with me, let me see if I can get some others involved and at least help out this year.

Richard's Coffee Shop - Welcome Home Veterans!www.welcomehomeveteran.org
                      Welcome Home Veterans Living Military Museum at Richard's Coffee Shop
                      165 N Main St, Mooresville, NC 28115
                      (704) 663-0488

Comment

Linda, I would like to thank you for doing this for so long, being a Vietnam Vet, the son, grandson and great grandson of vets I would hate to see this die. If you guys will allow me I am willing to arrive a day early and set this up. How ever I was thinking of doing it at the Va Home instead of the VA Hospital. My reasoning is that at the Home the Vets live there and we would reach more vets that have no one. Some of you may remember that I was the guy that set up the parking lot where we met before going over to the hospital in Detroit. The nearest Va Home and Hospital to Concord is in Salisbury NC about 30 miles away, they are next to each other. I only do the powertour every other year so some one else will have to do it in2015. If everyone allows me to do thisI would like some
                        feed back on the Home Vs Hospital and would need someone to take on the Gift bags we gave out. Let me know what you think. Linda all the help you can give would be appreciated(sp?) my e-mail is [email protected].
                        Thanks for stepping up on this Ron. We will be there no matter where you have it.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Ron, Let me know if I can help you in any way.... As you, I come from a long line of Army service... Grandfather WW I, Father WW II, Me Vietnam, My 2 boys, Iraq .... We are:

Attached Files
                          Last edited by 66Fury3; January 22, 2014, 06:46 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                          1966 Plymouth Fury III
                          2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                          Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                          Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Thanks guys, I have a couple of other things in the fire now but by the first I should be able to start on this. I appreciate the vote of confidence and will let all know what help I will need. Can't wait for this cold weather and get the truck on the road.
                            Ron Reidell
                            56 F100

Comment

Ok, things are moving, I made first contact with the VA Home in Salisbury NC. Its about 30 miles from Concord, they are very excited and I am waiting for final approval but it looks good. I will post more as I know. I wanted to get this pinned down so those of you that want to can come in a day early. More to follow.
                              Ron Reidell
                              56 F100

Comment

Working...
                              X