New for this Year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New for this Year.

This is posted on the Family Events web site in the FAQ section.

Where do we start from every morning on the Hot Rod Power Tour®? NEW! This year there will
    only be a driver’s meeting at the first stop at zMax Dragway in Charlotte Sunday morning before leaving
    for Knoxville. For the rest of the tour, there will not be any scheduled morning drivers meetings.

Not a big deal as not many people attend the meeting after the first day.

I have never gone so im curious too how do we start the day? do we go as a group? How many cars go on this trip?

Comment

We normally group up at the hotel that we're staying at and hit the road from there.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Sgracing View Post
        I have never gone so im curious too how do we start the day? do we go as a group? How many cars go on this trip?
        You will see people leaving the motels all morning & there will likely be cars there after you leave. Do as you wish. To us it is our vacation so we certainly do. I think that last years number was around 2,000 Long Haulers. Plus any number of local area cars that may be running any number of stops.
        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

And welcome to larry g & Sgracing. Welcome to the boards.
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

welcome guys! this change seems to be a good idea, but I wonder and hope that they keep the directions updated on the site, as there have been many detours in the past...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

May need to sign up for the Hot Rod text updates this year.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by larry g View Post
                This is posted on the Family Events web site in the FAQ section.

Where do we start from every morning on the Hot Rod Power Tour®? NEW! This year there will
                only be a driver’s meeting at the first stop at zMax Dragway in Charlotte Sunday morning before leaving
                for Knoxville. For the rest of the tour, there will not be any scheduled morning drivers meetings.

Not a big deal as not many people attend the meeting after the first day.
                The last drivers meeting I went to was in 2011, just because we did the Kennedy Assembly Building Tour.... For me, its doesn't matter, but for the locals they will miss some of the excitement the tour would bring to them....

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                May need to sign up for the Hot Rod text updates this year.
                Jim, I sign up for the texts about a week before and end it when I get home from the tour... It stops all of the crap that they send the rest of the year.....
                Last edited by 66Fury3; January 26, 2014, 07:34 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                  And welcome to larry g & Sgracing. Welcome to the boards.
                  Thanks for the Welcome, again, I'm a lurker. This will be my 3rd Long Haul, it is contagious.

Comment

I myself like the drivers meetings I go to just about everyone. Welcome aboard guys!
                    Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

In '12 we hit each one. Last year we did the first and that was it. But, I can see where it will suck for those that jump on in different cities. Those folks will just have to jump in where they see the pack. I bet you get a bunch of folks stalking the bus and will follow it out of where it is parked.
                      Visit my sons blog:
                      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

+Whether you try to run with the bus or on your own, I suggest you stick to the route. Spectators, alot of whom bring their cars, will be watching for ya. Take your side trips, but get back on the route when you can, IMHO. Take a little time to stop and visit with the folks along side the road, it's more than worth it.
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I like to see the crowds it's like being in a parade.
                          Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            +Whether you try to run with the bus or on your own, I suggest you stick to the route. Spectators, alot of whom bring their cars, will be watching for ya. Take your side trips, but get back on the route when you can, IMHO. Take a little time to stop and visit with the folks along side the road, it's more than worth it.
                            Last year was our first Power Tour. The kids on the side of the road waving was one of my favorite things.
                            Last edited by 1972Behemoth; January 27, 2014, 08:54 AM.
                            Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                            Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                            Kansas City 2017

Comment

I agree with all of the above. My wife and I like seeing the people enjoying the "parade".

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X