GM on next year's tour....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM on next year's tour....

Story in the local paper today entitled "GM cuts could hit all levels of racing"; goes on to say that all levels of GM racing involvement are being evaluated. GM chairman/CEO quoted, "while we are committed to maintain adequate resources to support launch products and brand advertising, we will implement significant reductions in promotional and event budgets, motorsports activities and back-office expenses"....wonder what that means, if anything, for the 2009 HRPT?.......

Re: GM on next year's tour....

Verrry intersting article.
    Does not sound like it boads well for GMPP.
    :P

Comment

I wonder how much that really costs GM though? I'd bet it's significantly less then sponsoring any kind of racing.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

also-I suspect part of advertising budgets/tax benefits?Sure glad they are involved,even if I'm a Ford guy!

Comment

I had wondered about that when they announced the recent financial woes......I doubt that the HRPT costs them that much, but when the bean counters get going they go for the 'money pit' stuff first. I don't know how much revenue they can claim comes from our little group of enthusiasts, but surely we have some impact. Sure hope so.....
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

If this economy effects GM like this, I wonder how it will be effecting some us on doing the tour next year. I already started saving for next years tour.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

We'll get our first 'real' clue if they change the Warren stop....
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
                If this economy effects GM like this, I wonder how it will be effecting some us on doing the tour next year. I already started saving for next years tour.
                Me too.
                I R Bob
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

That's a bummer,but I want them to survive. Things like this are just a sign of the times,and I think it will get a LOT worse before it gets any better.

Comment

At the rate gas is going up along with everything else, we might all be driving hybrids. Now that would be funny watching burn outs in those, at least till the batteries go dead.
                    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I somehow can't picture a Prius doing a burnout. :o
                      I R Bob

Comment

Have you guy's seen this ??

Comment

Now that looks like fun. Would I drive it on the road, AHHH NO! It looks like a suicide trap, also look were the engine is at. It looks like it would make a good drifter. ;D

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
                            BlackoutSteve (and his boy Bodge the Bush Mechanic) may have met their match on "Burnout Mondays" by those Blokes
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Working...
                            X