Road Trip APP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip APP

Does anyone have a good APP they use for tracking and mapping hotels and venues? iphone's is what we are working with.
    Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
    74 Nova Project
    66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
    79 Chevy Truck Project
    1956 Cadillac Project

I go old school. Paper and GPS.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

We use a bit of everything. Laura takes hard copies of the motel reservations for back up & then uses the GPS on one of our I Phones to get us from the venues to the motels.
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
        Does anyone have a good APP they use for tracking and mapping hotels and venues?
        I do, but I don't call her APP. I have found her to respond much better to Donna
        FKA Redragtop
        (formerly known as)

Comment

I remember when Apps were spotted horses - right Ed ?
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yep......beautifully colored, and no 2 alike!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
              I remember when Apps were spotted horses - right Ed ?
              Back in the good old days! I did give in to a GPS, but I'd much rather look at a map, and kinda know in my head where I'm supposed to be going. Just don't always trust GPS or other applications. They can and do make mistakes
              Hot Rod Power Tour...As much fun as you can have in a car with your clothes on!!
              Gregg and Deb Miller
              Verona, Wi.

Comment

I like to be prepared. I make a folder for each car with directions, maps, venue location, reservation confirmations, license plate numbers, my bank number. But, I also have some great apps I use. My favorite one is for rest stops, it tells you how far away, bathrooms, vending machine sect. It's really handy when traveling with kids.
                Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by convss View Post
                  Back in the good old days! I did give in to a GPS, but I'd much rather look at a map, and kinda know in my head where I'm supposed to be going. Just don't always trust GPS or other applications. They can and do make mistakes
                  Me three Greg. I print a point to point map on Rand McNally. I also print a local directions map from the venue to the hotel on Rand McNally for every stop and pre-load all hotel addresses and venues in the GPS too. I still can get lost but not as often, hah!
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

I use mapquest and print directions without Hwy and toll roads, if there are two routes I print both and put them in my trip binder. When We get the directions I check to see how close I came.
                    Ron Reidell
                    56 F100
                    2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by rocco3750 View Post
                      I use mapquest and print directions without Hwy and toll roads, if there are two routes I print both and put them in my trip binder. When We get the directions I check to see how close I came.
                      I just follow the others in my group, lol. Honestly, I have maps and I can always use my OnStar in a pinch

Comment

We have the Rand McNally large scale road atlas. It is easier to read with larger print. Will also try their point to point mapping this year. All motel info and phone numbers are in a folder for easy access as needed.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Thanks for the ideas! I appreciate it.
                          Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                          74 Nova Project
                          66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                          79 Chevy Truck Project
                          1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

We don't have GPS. I order vacation pacs from all of the states we'll be traveling through. When the route is made available, I highlite the route on the maps. I print a Google map from the venue to the hotel. We use the other information sent to plan what tourist traps we want to visit.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                              We don't have GPS. I order vacation pacs from all of the states we'll be traveling through. When the route is made available, I highlite the route on the maps. I print a Google map from the venue to the hotel. We use the other information sent to plan what tourist traps we want to visit.
                              I like this Idea.. what dept do you look up to order,request them..?

Comment

Working...
                              X