Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QuickGearhead
    replied
    For all of the hotel stuff I have a binder organize for each day. I also put a printed map for general directions for that day too. I have a GPS that I program the route into for each day once the route gets posted by Hot Rod. I try to avoid using data on my iPhone because being from Canada, it can cost quite a bit even with a data roaming package.

Leave a comment:

• pintoboy77
    replied
    I also use hard copies of hotels and mapquest and have just started using GPS. That way when my other APP gets fed up with me I will have someone to talk to.

Leave a comment:

• Rocketman
    replied
    Originally posted by 200WINS View Post
    Thats Awesome Mike!!
    Are you hooting on me George? You know that I am challenged
    Glad to see you back on the boards

Leave a comment:

• 200WINS
    replied
    Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
    I do, but I don't call her APP. I have found her to respond much better to Donna
    Thats Awesome Mike!!

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    Bureau of tourism............I do it on line, some states have a toll free number, also.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    I like this Idea.. what dept do you look up to order,request them..?
    Bureau of tourism............I do it on line, some states have a toll free number, also.

Leave a comment:

• NewEnglandRaceFan
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    We don't have GPS. I order vacation pacs from all of the states we'll be traveling through. When the route is made available, I highlite the route on the maps. I print a Google map from the venue to the hotel. We use the other information sent to plan what tourist traps we want to visit.
    I like this Idea.. what dept do you look up to order,request them..?

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    We don't have GPS. I order vacation pacs from all of the states we'll be traveling through. When the route is made available, I highlite the route on the maps. I print a Google map from the venue to the hotel. We use the other information sent to plan what tourist traps we want to visit.

Leave a comment:

• 74NovaMan
    replied
    Thanks for the ideas! I appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    We have the Rand McNally large scale road atlas. It is easier to read with larger print. Will also try their point to point mapping this year. All motel info and phone numbers are in a folder for easy access as needed.

Leave a comment:

• dianeokie
    replied
    Originally posted by rocco3750 View Post
    I use mapquest and print directions without Hwy and toll roads, if there are two routes I print both and put them in my trip binder. When We get the directions I check to see how close I came.
    I just follow the others in my group, lol. Honestly, I have maps and I can always use my OnStar in a pinch

Leave a comment:

• rocco3750
    replied
    I use mapquest and print directions without Hwy and toll roads, if there are two routes I print both and put them in my trip binder. When We get the directions I check to see how close I came.

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by convss View Post
    Back in the good old days! I did give in to a GPS, but I'd much rather look at a map, and kinda know in my head where I'm supposed to be going. Just don't always trust GPS or other applications. They can and do make mistakes
    Me three Greg. I print a point to point map on Rand McNally. I also print a local directions map from the venue to the hotel on Rand McNally for every stop and pre-load all hotel addresses and venues in the GPS too. I still can get lost but not as often, hah!

Leave a comment:

• 1972Behemoth
    replied
    I like to be prepared. I make a folder for each car with directions, maps, venue location, reservation confirmations, license plate numbers, my bank number. But, I also have some great apps I use. My favorite one is for rest stops, it tells you how far away, bathrooms, vending machine sect. It's really handy when traveling with kids.

Leave a comment:

• convss
    replied
    Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
    I remember when Apps were spotted horses - right Ed ?
    Back in the good old days! I did give in to a GPS, but I'd much rather look at a map, and kinda know in my head where I'm supposed to be going. Just don't always trust GPS or other applications. They can and do make mistakes

Leave a comment:

Working...
X