Grundys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grundys

Anybody have their "pride and joys" insured with them?
    Pros / Cons????

Re: Grundys

never heard of them, at least t around here. WI. The 29 and the 46 are with Hagerty. Garage Kept policies. 29 insured to 16,000 for I beleive $248 a year and the 48 to $18,000 for 269 a year. Full coverage with no deductable. ;D ;D No claim as of yet though.

Comment

We had the Chevelle w/Grundy when we first got it. Long story short, they said Ken had called and cancelled it in Oct. of 2006 but never sent us notice or asked for signatures. Now I work in the insurance industry and know the rules, so when we didn't get a renewal in March of 07 I called them. That's when I found out we hadn't had any coverage for months! > Needless to say we now have it insured w/our other cars at State Farm where I work. No matter who you go with be sure they don't have mileage limitations and will insure it at an agreed upon amount. This is in your best interest in case of a total loss. Hope this helps! :D

Linda 8)

Comment

I've had Grundy for probably ten years now and am very happy with them. They were very good when I had the accident in Little Rock on the '07 Power Tour with our wagon. Told me to take it anywhere I wanted. They covered everything with no deductible and rates didn't go up a penny! There are no mileage restrictions, but they do have the usual no drivers under 25, garage it at night, no malls/shopping centers, etc...

Comment

I use 'em too. So far so good, but haven't had a claim. Great agent. 8)
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Allen,
            I use J C Taylor. Similar firm - preset, agreed upon value, must be inside locked garage. No mileage limits but not for commuting use.
            Was told of another Buick Club member who's garage door spring broke. Later, when he uncovered his car for a event, he found a scratch / dent in top of fender where a part of the spring had hit the car cover. Called them, although this was three weeks after the spring breaking. They told him to take it to wherever he wanted and get a quote. When he di that, the insurance firm added money to the estimate to paint some adjacent portions to make sure it matched properly. THey know old vehicles.
            John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

We have Grundys, thankfully never had to use them yet so can't comment on how they handle claims. I checked several before deciding on them and they were the best bang for the buck.

Tried using State Farm (which we use for daily drivers) for the Camaro, but they balked at the appraised value and would not insure it for that much, so that's when I found Grundy's!

Comment

Well this specialty insurance must be a lot like hotel rooms - depends on who you talk to what you pay.

So Hagerty's is twice (2X) as much as Grundy's for the same coverage! My current policy from Classic is in the middle. My current policy has a mileage limitation of 3k a year and no mall shopping. The other two are unlimited mileage and no mall shopping. Since the PowerTour is taking around 4k a year, I am thinking I need to get a better mileage policy (or reset the electronic Odometer :o ).

Comment

Maybe we should start our own company?! ;)

Linda 8)

Comment

I had Grundy On my pro street 65 chevelle. The millage was supposed to be no more than 3000 yr. but I explained to them that I needed more millage for doing out of state showes and trips and was extended to 16,000 miles a year and the total for $35,000 worth of coverage was $225 a year.
                    Moonshine the official Power Tour Drink.

Comment

Working...
                    X