X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: what happened

Originally posted by Beagle
    Originally posted by Solsticefun
    I agree with you Steve, we have XP on our desktop, and will keep it at that till hell freezes over. I tried to see if I could get XP for my new laptop, and that was a no go. Oh, well I will just live with it. ;D
    Call Microsoft, and tell them you have a Vista license and would like to "Downgrade" your license to XP. See what they can do for you.
    Good luck with getting anything out of Bill Gates. XP Home Edition probably is only about $100 at BestBuy, Frys, COMPUSA or you choice of discount software supplier. Format the hard drive and start over from scratch!

Comment

Originally posted by Solsticefun
      I agree with you Steve, we have XP on our desktop, and will keep it at that till hell freezes over. I tried to see if I could get XP for my new laptop, and that was a no go. Oh, well I will just live with it. ;D
      I've got all the vista settings on my Laptop set to where I am perfectly satisfied with vista's performance compared to XP on my old laptop. It's just a matter of finding all the friggin nooks and cranny's to turn off the bulk of Vista's crap, but so far every problem I've had with Vista I've been able to find and option box to make the problem go away permanently.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
        I've got XP on the desktop and Vista on the laptop and I don't know how to use either of them very well.
        Naivety will get you everywhere !
        ;)

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
        It's just a matter of finding all the friggin nooks and cranny's to turn off the bulk of Vista's crap ..
        That's the whole trick !!
        ;D

Comment

I'm getting used to Vista's nasty little tricks, and things are getting better.
          It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

ok it's been about 10 days since i've been able to log on. i've tried everthing, even set up another account and that didn't even work. it took me this long to figure out i can't use my laptop, i have to use my wife's laptop. she has vista on her's and i have xp on mine. i don't see how that should matter, all i know is i can't log on in any form or fashion with my computer. if any body has got any ideas for me that would be helpful because my wife doesn't let me use her computer very much. :D

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopZ28
              ok it's been about 10 days since i've been able to log on. i've tried everthing, even set up another account and that didn't even work. it took me this long to figure out i can't use my laptop, i have to use my wife's laptop. she has vista on her's and i have xp on mine. i don't see how that should matter, all i know is i can't log on in any form or fashion with my computer. if any body has got any ideas for me that would be helpful because my wife doesn't let me use her computer very much. :D
              Mike, I am typing to you using XP professional ----- if that helps ???
              a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Originally posted by tcbnj
                Originally posted by DropTopZ28
                Mike, I am typing to you using XP professional ----- if that helps ???
                X2

Comment

XP Home SP3
                  IE 7

.. good luck !
                  ;)

Comment

it sounds like being away for a few weeks was a blessing. i came right up, logged on. my last computer took a major crash. bought the new one at walmart for $300.00. why the cheap one? it was the only one to have XP.

p.s. my 13 year old compaq, that has never had a phone line plug into it, still runs great on windows 95. now that's resistance to change.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

I've got a Toshiba laptop still running Windows95 and my Dad's Gateway tower with Windows98 is still chuggin' along nicely ...

Comment

Working...
                      X