Thrashing already has begun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrashing already has begun!

Ok I hate to even vision a thrash already for 09 Long Haul without even having cities set yet. But what can I say, I am a sucker for punishment. I failed at my attempt to take car #3 this year and ended up taking my usual long haul vehicle, but I WILL NOT FAIL next year. Hopefully the Monte Carlo I was thrashing this year will not be in the stable next year to take so that leave Mother Mopar! I have embarked on a low buck disc brake conversion and so far so good. I will post some pics as I go. I know the board is dead but after doing the Power Tour now for 10 years with 6 long hauls I can't get it out of my blood! Let the wrenching begin!

Re: Thrashing already has begun!

Hey Shawn, you can bring that extra energy of yours up to Colorado any time! :o Good luck with the Mopar build, looking forward to pics.

Linda 8)

Comment

Aren't we always doing some sort of thrashing? Is a project ever really done? ???
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I managed to spend an hour in front of the lathe today making the parts to put a cut down Mustang column into the Meteor to hook up to the R&P steering. That will make it easier to move around the shop. The 390 is ready to set into the car as soon as I get the steering done and paint in the engine compartment.

Comment

Leon, arent you supposed to be resting up some? :-\
          Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Yes, but it ain't gonna git done by itself ;D

Comment

Hey Shawn
              I have been horse trading up a storm!!! Traded a 4 wheeler for a 53 GMC 1 ton extended panel. HUGE BEAST!!! Not sure what I will do with it. Picked up a 1961 Corvair Station Wagon. $1500 dollars. could not pass it up. Only made 2 years. Now I have traded the wagon for a 51 Willys Wagon 4x4.Very little rust or dents. Pinto motor. Not for long. An 88 Blazer sitting in the yard will be the doner for the willys. Am also selling the 29 chevy from last years tour. We are suppose to have graduation with neices and nephews for next years tour. We will see. We have also had several couples wanting to do Black Hills Overdrive but graduation and the MRS says that comes first. Well just see what we see. ???

Comment

Working...
              X