any of you Freaks affected with the Closing of Bill Heard Chevrolet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any of you Freaks affected with the Closing of Bill Heard Chevrolet

The dealership in our home town closed wed. some good friends lost their jobs
    and GM parts will be harder to get

Take care all

Re: any of you Freaks affected with the Closing of Bill Heard Chevrolet

where is your home town
    2007 Power Tour Long Haul
    2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by 55lincoln
      where is your home town
      Sanford Florida (it was a lunch stop at superchips) Power Tour 2006 between Kissimmee and Gainesville

Comment

Here in ATL four locations closed but in GA there were many more. 2700 out of work. My daughter works at credit union near one of bigger dealerships and said many members were from Heard. Too bad for those people.

I wonder if there were other Heard outlets that maintained the previous owner name. I know of one here that some might be surprised to see it closed for it had never advertised it was part of Heard system.

I never liked the sales process at either I visited so never bought from them. Very pushy, prices were high and low on trade in, even when equipped with KBB / Edmunds and online pricing information. They were sued in Fulton CO court for deceptive practices recently... Seems they did not have the vehicle advertised on the lot.
        John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

In Florida a local news team reported on their shady sales deals which alerted the states to act
          and it's cost 250,000.00 in fines and about 75,000.00 in restitution in addition GMAC pulled all
          finances

Comment

There are some in Tenn. Actuslly in Chattanoga
            OH YEAH
            Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

houston too, under the name of landmark chevrolet(our competitor)
              Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

The one near me is shutdown too......I only bought some parts from them. Usually found that parts were cheaper through the GMC dealer than Bill Heard Chevy. They were notorious for bad business practices in dealing with customers here in Huntsville, AL.
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Sounds like they might have gotten what was coming to them if they treated people like that. I know that I won't frequent a place that has poor customer service even if the prices are good. Just my $.02.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

You are right Bob - I stopped there several years ago and was turned off by sales team attitude. Jim's son worked for one of them for a few weeks but quit due to lies being told: advertised specials that didn't exist, etc. Sounds like they got what they deserved if this practice was wide spread and not just at one or two locations.

Bad thing for car guys: Tom Jumper was one of larger Corvette locations in Atlanta. When it was privately owned it had good reputation as source for Vettes.
                    John

Long Haul 2006, '07, '08, '11 Somerset & Bristol '09; Chattanooga '10; Birmingham & Chattanooga '13

Comment

one charge of the dealer here in sanford was that after you would let them test drive your trade in, they wouldn't give back the keys till you bought a new car. they were charged for this, but went ahead and used the same tactics. you have to wonder how they got so big.
                      Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

that's funny....the guy at planet ford tried that on me and i asked him if anyone ever kicked his a$$ over that trick and he found mine!!!
                        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

i wonder what the legal ruling would be on that. you couldn't claim they stole the car....you gave them the keys. extortion, maybe???? any lawyers out there?
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

It would be theft if they refuse to give the keys back.

Comment

NEW INFO ON THE SANFORD FL BILL HEARD CLOSING IF YOU HAD A TRADE IN THE LAST MONTH OR SO THE BALANCE WAS NOT PAID OFF BY BH AND THE BOND DEALERS HAVE WAS ONLY 25,000.00 NOT NEAR ENOUGH SO NOW BUYERS HAVE TWO CARS TO PAY FOR

IN ADDITION BH DID NOT PAY FOR HEALTH INS ON EMP. FOR THE LAST MONTH SO PEOPLE ARE STUCK WITH NO JOB AND NO INS

Comment

Working...
                              X