Hot Rod Magazine Cruise from LA to Madison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Magazine Cruise from LA to Madison

Rob Kinnan at Hot Rod is talking about a cruise from LA to Madison to start Power Tour.
    In his PM, it sounds like this is going to happen.

Who would be in for this?
    Bob

PS: crazy yes, i probably would ship car to west coast, I checked on cost +- $1200 open trailer, $2000 enclosed trailer from Syracuse. Any recommendations on auto shipping?

Re: Hot Rod Magazine Cruise from LA to Madison

I think that would be a blast - never driven between the midwest and west coast.... I think I'll have to be content with Madison to the end though.

Comment

Well I might be up for that. Not really planning on going this year again because its back east again. But if there were a big group heading east, might be interested in going.
      Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

We'd be willing to join in along the way. Don't think it would work going to LA, but you never know!

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1956NY150
          Rob Kinnan at Hot Rod is talking about a cruise from LA to Madison to start Power Tour.
          In his PM, it sounds like this is going to happen.

Who would be in for this?
          Bob

PS: crazy yes, i probably would ship car to west coast, I checked on cost +- $1200 open trailer, $2000 enclosed trailer from Syracuse. Any recommendations on auto shipping?
          Bob, make sure you check with a shipping company about when they will pick up and deliver the car. A lot of them won't give you a definite day. They will just tell you it will be in a certain timeframe. That's how it was when I bought the wagon. I didn't mind because I wasn't on any schedule but for something like this, it will be important.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Bob
            Who did you use? Was service OK. Recently a collector here used Fed-X to ship in 4 cars.
            Thanks
            Bob

PS: I am probably dreaming, but I need the Dreams to go forward.
            UPDATE
            I am all ready starting to Waffle on the shipping of the car, I should be able to drive out to LA, anybody interested in a very long cruise?

Comment

The service was fine, you just didn't know when they were going to pick up the car. I had to call them several times. I don't remember the name of the place but there's lots of them out there. With your car, I'd go with one of the bigger names because of what it is. With the wagon, I wasn't really worried about it because I knew I was going to be tearing it apart.
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Thanks for information.

UPDATE
                I am all ready starting to Waffle on the shipping of the car, I should be able to drive out to LA, anybody interested in a very long cruise? Join in on way out?

"You know, that's the bad thing about thinking in print: then you have to do it."/RK

Bob

Comment

Bob, if you decide to head to LA, let us know. There's always a spare room at our house just for gearheads! By then we should be in our new house w/the 4 car garage. 2 regular stalls and a huge 15x40 RV stall! Now most of you can figure out what's going in the RV stall! Yep, one or two lifts for extra space! ;)

Linda 8)

Comment

QUOTE: JP on 10/04
                    We are really considering it.

Evans wants to do it (that's our boss). Kinnan and I want to do it. Christopher Campbell wants to do it.

It really comes down to logistics and whether we can afford to be out of the office from June 1 to June 15.

We'll be coming up with a plan, but it will be a banzai run.

If you want to be included, be sure to register to join the tour. I think registration page may not be up yet, but soon.

Everybody is gearing up for SEMA right now, so we'll be discussing it in the next few weeks.

Stay tuned. If you want to go, put your name on this list. We haven't determined how we'll handle signups or registering for it...

-Jerry
                    Rust never sleeps.

QUOTE: R Kinnan on 10/04

You know, that's the bad thing about thinking in print: then you have to do it.

We're not 100 percent committed to this thing yet, but chances are we're going to try a banzai run from LA to Madison with some of our HRM project cars (plus any of you that want to join us) for the start of the the '09 Power Tour. Expect no cruise nights, looooooong days on the road, no frills of any kind....basically just like the very first Power Tour...then you need to be a hero by driving the entire, official Power Tour route and then coming home. Let's call it the HOT ROD Ironman Challenge, shall we?

Thoughts?

RK PM on 10/18/08 to 1956NY150

I think we're going to do this. Stay tuned........
                    RK

Comment

I've had some friends work with local classic car dealers before on shipping - especially out in CA, there must be some bigger businesses that would have good, trusted shippers and you may be able to work a drop off, temp storage situation. It worked for my friends, but you need to find a person willing to help out...

Comment

If possible I am going to drive to LA, and I do believe it is possible.

QUOTE: JP on 10/04
                        We are really considering it.

Evans wants to do it (that's our boss). Kinnan and I want to do it. Christopher Campbell wants to do it.

It really comes down to logistics and whether we can afford to be out of the office from June 1 to June 15.

We'll be coming up with a plan, but it will be a banzai run.

If you want to be included, be sure to register to join the tour. I think registration page may not be up yet, but soon.

Everybody is gearing up for SEMA right now, so we'll be discussing it in the next few weeks.

Stay tuned. If you want to go, put your name on this list. We haven't determined how we'll handle signups or registering for it...

-Jerry
                        Rust never sleeps.

QUOTE: R Kinnan on 10/04

You know, that's the bad thing about thinking in print: then you have to do it.

We're not 100 percent committed to this thing yet, but chances are we're going to try a banzai run from LA to Madison with some of our HRM project cars (plus any of you that want to join us) for the start of the the '09 Power Tour. Expect no cruise nights, looooooong days on the road, no frills of any kind....basically just like the very first Power Tour...then you need to be a hero by driving the entire, official Power Tour route and then coming home. Let's call it the HOT ROD Ironman Challenge, shall we?

Thoughts?

RKinnan PM on 10/18/08 to 1956NY150

I think we're going to do this. Stay tuned........
                        RK

Its One TIme Around So You should Try a Make It a Good Trip
                        1956NY150

Comment

uship.com is a shipping option.
                          1997 Ranger 5.0L HO, GT40 heads/tubular intake, 65mm TB, 1.7rr, B303, Tri-Y headers, dual 2.5" exhaust, Flowmaster mufflers, T5 trans, Tri-Ax shifter, CenterForce Dual Friction clutch, 8.8 Traction Lok 3.55 gears, Cobra 13" front brakes, Cobra 11.65" rear discs.
                          1997 Mustang GT
                          sigpic

Comment

That would be fun, kind of like the original PT route.

Better start saving up for gas NOW!
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

HMMMMMMMMM-SO "THE ORIGINAL POWER TOUR", which originally was started in California to points east, and was then permanently hijacked to places waaaaay too far to access for working people in California, might 'UNOFFICIALLY" be run again, to the start of the "NOT FOR YOU FOLKS ON THE WEST COAST" POWER TOUR 09. I attended the first 3 legs of every power tour until it went east, never to be seen near the west coast again. If I sound pissed, I was and I am. a banzai run over 2 or 3 days, added to the 2 weeks now needed to attend, just doesn't sound the same as the ORIGINAL power tours.
                              67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
                              05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Working...
                              X