Bowling Green Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling Green Tour

Is anyone planing on heading to Bowling Green after the tour?

Re: Bowling Green Tour

Having just bought a '69 vette, I may have to - never been there and will be so close. It's sort of on the way back to Minnesota - right?

Comment

you know, that's not a bad idea (and I was looking at ideas for where to stop along the way back home to Illinois); but, if the tour ends on Saturday (long haulers); BG would be on Monday? and, anyone know if you can just show up at the plant for a tour?......

Comment

Here's some info.
        Ed.

GM CORVETTE ASSEMBLY PLANT
        Every Corvette made is produced in Bowling Green, Kentucky. For guidelines pertaining to plant tours Click here. No cameras are allowed. Located off I-65 at Exit 28, across from the National Corvette Museum. For more information call 270-745-8019.

As of February 1, 2005, the Corvette Assembly Plant will begin charging a $5 fee per person to tour the plant. An online reservation system is now open, and you can purchase your tickets in advance. The tour fee was implemented to help offset some of the costs of the tour and to upgrade the tour process.

The changes to the tour also include access into the XLR assembly area and mementos to be given out at the end of the tour to commemorate the tour experience. GM Employees and retirees, active military and school group children - third through eighth grade will continue to be permitted to tour the plant at no cost.

For additional information and specifics visit the Corvette Assembly Plant website at: http://www.bowlinggreenassemblyplant.com

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Scotts_94GT
          Having just bought a '69 vette, I may have to - never been there and will be so close. It's sort of on the way back to Minnesota - right?
          I see you are a fellow Minnesotan. Interested in convoying to Madison?

Comment

To bad there's a week in between 'cause the HotRod Reunion starts in Bowling Green on June 19th. I haven't been yet and want to go real bad but I can't do both.

Comment

Originally posted by 62-impala-ss
              Originally posted by Scotts_94GT
              I see you are a fellow Minnesotan. Interested in convoying to Madison?
              I'll probably be running with a few car's - where you from? I'm in the metro.

Comment

Saint Paul, Como Park area

Comment

I'm in New Brighton here, I use to live a couple of miles from you.

Comment

Hmm looks like something could be organized then. One of the guys in my group is from Minnesota so he will be heading back up, myself and a couple of others are heading back to Missouri before i drop my car off and head up to Chicago to get a flight back home to the UK

It would indeed need to be the monday as the plant doesnt do tours on the sunday, i was thinking of taking the scenic route on sunday back through the Great Smokey Mountains and up to bowling green stopping off just before for the night.

If there is enough interest i am happy to contact the plant and see if they could do something seeing as most of us will be long haulers and already have visited the GM tech Center, might also be worth contacting Hotrod to see if they would be interested in covering this little side trip unless our own DF and CarJunkie would be interested seeing as the group would be made up of CJ Freaks

Comment

In '05 the tour went past the Vette plant, there had to be hundreds of people stop to take the tour. I don't remember Hot Rod even mentioning that fact in any coverage. This year one highlight of the tour was the stop at Speedway Museum. I haven't seen one mention of the great reception we got there. We even got free shipping on anything we ordered at the store, which saved me a bunch on shipping a roll cage tubing bender that I was going to order from home but decided to wait till I visited there in case we did get a deal on the tour. I wouldn't hold my breath on any kind of coverage other than sponsors from the tour.

Comment

Yeah they mentioned the Corvette muesum I remimber they said that if you parked in the front lot it better be a GM car or it would get towed.Heard it in Indy. ( Facing I-65 .not a big deal though.You can't start the tour from that entrance any how.

Comment

Never been to the museum, but I did buy beer at the store right across the street a few years back!
                          I R Bob
                          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                            Never been to the museum, but I did buy beer at the store right across the street a few years back!
                            Come on Bob - I bet you can say that about a LOT of places ;-).

Comment

Very true! Just not close to such an important place like that.
                              I R Bob
                              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                              X