2008 Power Tour Long Haul
    2009 Canadian Points East Tour
    2009 Power Tour Michigan Stop
    2011 Power Tour Muskegeon & Detroit Stops
    2012 Power Tour Long Haul
    2012 Northeast Rod Run
    2013 Northeast Rod Run

Re: star spangeled banner

I kinda agree. Everyone has their own way of singing, but you need to respect the National Anthem. You can't make it your own when it belongs to the whole country.
    Cognizant Dissident

Comment

Heaven knows I am not very artistic but in my opinion - she KILLED it.
      I thought it was TERRIBLE and I don't believe "super stars" have the right to butcher it in their attempt to put their artistic flair on it.

Comment

I've felt that way for years....I thought the idea was to pay tribute to the flag and our country, not to embellish the 'star' performer, or their career.....just color me patriotic!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Only star that ever nailed it was Whitney Houston. I would rather hear a person sing any song in it's original
          arrangement ,especially The National Anthem. As long as it isn't butchered too bad it always makes tears roll down my face thinking of the battle Francis Scott Key was witnessing when he wrote it.

Comment

I believe it should be sung as it was written. I have no respect for those who think they should butcher the Anthem. Also, they should never be asked to do it again. To me it would be an honor to sing the National Anthem at the begining of a large event. However, I would have to decline if I was asked. I would be lucky to carry a tune in a bucket.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

I have to agree with everyone. There is nothing that upsets me more than to hear someone butcher the Star Spangled Banner. Sing it the way it was written and let us enjoy it.
              1964 Chevelle
              Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
              LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

My youngest son and his high school choir sang the anthem at a Rockies baseball game. Talk about tears! : One proud Mom and the most beautiful song, all done acappella.

Remember Roseann Barr's attempt? She should be hung for that!

Linda 8)

Comment

Sing it straight up...it's a beautiful song and it hits to the heart when done properly. We used to have this chic Sue Laws sing the anthem at Astros games and she was just awesome....good old days!!!
                  Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

Working...
                  X