• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "new" 07 PT pics

My first PT, pictures from Cleveland Day 1

Saw this junk in L'il Rock, very nice "GTX" wagon

Bad A$$ Mopar laying down some #s on the Dynomax

One of the nicest looking GP's I've seen, I believe she was also on some '08 stops but not sure which town

Reggie Jackson's Camaro at the GMPP stand, my Goat is just behind her

Some of the GMPP toys
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Re: "new" 07 PT pics

Beale Street

Beginning of the pub crawl, lets go in there

Enough said

This is way late into the crawl, and it was getting hard to focus

See what I mean

"Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

More Cleveland pics - perhaps some of this junk belongs to you or yours is in the background

'40? Ford ambulance that I also saw on the '08 tour in L'il Rock; I believe she is LS1 powered

'67 Lemans powered by BBC (blasphemy). This was brought to Cleveland by an 'older' gentleman because "I'll probably never see the Power Tour come through here again". This lady has a soft spot for me because my first junk was also a '67 Lemans which was stolen in Boston and never seen again

'64 Tempest - this junk just says "street machine" to me

'69 Goat 'vert. Is this Keith's goat (oldgoat69)? Keith is from Ontario and took the '08 tour with Dale and a lot of help from Bob (1956NY150)

the infamous (or is it famous) Leon, Sharon and the '54 Chebby wagon (before I met Leon and Sharon in '08)

more later

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

That's a 54 wagon, close but the grille is a little different.

Comment

Sorry Leon, my bad, its crazy but I actually realized that while doing some unrelated chores later in the day

Comment

So now we're on to the Cleveland driver's meeting (DM). This was my first, the best part was the Freiburger monologue; the worst was the endless traffic getting out of Dodge

'72 Judge 'vert on the way in to the Cleveland DM. Do you see your junk's derriere?

Junk heading into Cleveland DM, are you in the picture?

More Junk heading into Cleveland DM, are you in the picture?

'74 Goat on the way in to DM; I have a soft spot for these x-body Goats. I think she is from Ohio and was with a green '67 Chevelle whose buttocks you can see on the right and which you can also see entering the DM 2 pics back - I didn't see her this year did you?

The crushing traffic leaving the DM - is this your trailer?

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. They bring back memories. I need to go back through my pictures to remind me again. I keep all 5 years of pictures on my screen saver.
              1964 Chevelle
              Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
              LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

On the way to Kalamazoo

Fill her up - recognize any other freaks? - the '67 blue Chevelle in the foreground was very cherry; however, I didn't see her this year, did you?

'62 Impala bubbletop (in the rear view mirror); drove along with her for a while to Kali. She was carrying two young guys and I believe she had Florida plates. I also didn't see her this year. I believe the '69 Chevelle in the foreground carried a thump-thump 383, also the blue Chevelle above is directly behind

1st gen Chevy II waiting in line on the off ramp from the Interstate into Kali fairgrounds. I think she was piloted by a Hot Rod staff member (possibly Dave McClellan?)

Waiting in line into Kali fairgrounds (I remember the local freak ahead of me {'50 Ford} was very grouchy from inward traffic)

Rocketman! - As I understand the lore, this junk was formerly part of an Ohio amusement ride that the freak in the captain's chair took and applied a Tornado drivetrain. This dude piloted the beast the entire route from Cleveland to Kalamazoo in the monsoon rains complete with goggles!

GMPP putting away the SS427 pick em up

Comment

These pictures are really for arrowheads who like goats, you were forewarned. I don't remember seeing any of this junk this year

'70 Goat wearing the color of the GTO in Two Lane Blacktop (+ vinyl roof)

'69 Judge - I had one of these when I couldn't afford to keep her. She was my daily driver but proved to be not so reliable and required high maintenance (but hell she was 13 years old at the time I bought her and just wanted a freak who had the oats to care for her); had to say goodbye, bummer

'65 Goat - you can see a little image of Jim Wangers if you look real hard (use your imagination). Are those Hurst wheels?

Monaro clone

Comment

Thanks for the pictures. They always bring back memories of the tour.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I agree. Love the sharing of the pictures...
                      Jim T
                      Supercar Collectibles
                      www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                      X