Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 09 PT route speculation

Originally posted by Leon
    I took the 294 and other than one little slowdown near Hinsdale, it was good traveling. I was also lucky I got an EZpass before heading out from California so when we drove past the toll booth near Gurnee we flew past the rest of the tour cars waiting in lines.
    That is one good thing about the Ilinois tollway system; I have the "I-Pass", in Indiana, they call it I-Zoom, other states call it something else...anyway, in Illinois, they have "open road tolling", so cars so equipped stay on the highway, drive under the transponders....vehicles that have to pay actually use lanes to "get off" of the highway (or go to the side, so to speak) and pay the toll.....the system saves a lot of time....rexx

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr
      You gonna get another EZ Pass for this year Leon?
      I plan on it. Last year I got one from Penn. and used it in Illinois, the deposit was cheaper. Funny thing is if I hit a toll plaza at 65 or better it didn't charge me for the trailer, when I slowed down I got hit hard! I won't be towing this year, don't think the back can handle two weeks on the road in the teardrop this year, hopefully I'll be done with everything else by then. I'll know more on the 28th of this month when I get it removed.

Comment

Hope all goes well. I just don't think PT would be the same without you and Sharon. What are you currently planning to drive this year?
        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

It will have to be the 54. I haven't dropped the motor into the Meteor yet and with everything going on it is taking longer than planned. I haven't touched the Meteor in 3 months. Going to take a break from it all and head down to Acapulco for a little over a week before I go into the hospital.

Comment

Somerset and Bristol should be incredible! Somerset Nights looks like a fun deal to go to,and the Power Tour should amp that up a few notches even.

That's going to be a beauful drive!

Comment

Working...
            X