Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any rumors or guess on drag runs in '09?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rumors or guess on drag runs in '09?

Anyone hear of any dragstrip we may be able to run at on this years PT?
    Jim T
    Supercar Collectibles
    www.Supercar1.com

Re: Any rumors or guess on drag runs in '09?

Haven't heard anything buzzing, but it would be fun to run a few laps at Bristol.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

With the short drive to Racine, Union Grove seems like a grand slam....  their schedule isn't up yet.  Maybe they could get a Pinks All Out race in????

Comment

Originally posted by Scotts_94GT
        With the short drive to Racine, Union Grove seems like a grand slam.... their schedule isn't up yet. Maybe they could get a Pinks All Out race in????
        Da Grove is, most likely, out of the question since we get there on Sunday. They usually have a full slate weekends.

Comment

Da Grove is, most likely, out of the question since we get there on Sunday. They usually have a full slate weekends
          I think you're right. That is where I thought we may be able to race, but you're theory my be correct. Maybe they don't run "every" Sunday?

Besides Bristol, anyone know of other tracks are along the route?
          Jim T
          Supercar Collectibles
          www.Supercar1.com

Comment

One of my insured's said yesterday that they have raced close to Bristol at a track called Thunder Valley. Might have to check that out.

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
              One of my insured's said yesterday that they have raced close to Bristol at a track called Thunder Valley. Might have to check that out.

Linda 8)
              Linda - I believe that they are one in the same. Bristol Motor Speedway has multiple facilities one of which is a 1/4 mile NHRA dragstrip. Now the question becomes - can we drag on Saturday instead of listening to our wonderful GM Performance friends :o

Comment

i say milan would be the the best bet.

Comment

Here's what the HRM website is saying so far....

We'll kick off on June 6 in Madison, Wisconsin, at the Alliant EnergyCenter. From there, we'll make the short trip over to Racine simplybecause we felt this was among the best venues of all time, despite rainin 2007. From there, we'll blast through Chicago on Monday with a partyin South Bend, Indiana, then on to the GM Technical Center in Warren,Michigan. After showing our support to the American automotive industryin Detroit, we'll cruise down to Dayton, Ohio, then on to Somerset,Kentucky, and finish up with drag racing at Thunder Mountain and payhomage to the greatest bullring racetrack of all time, Bristol MotorSpeedway in Bristol, Tennessee.

Ed
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn
                    Originally posted by 1cheapstreet

Linda 8)
                    Linda - I believe that they are one in the same. Bristol Motor Speedway has multiple facilities one of which is a 1/4 mile NHRA dragstrip. Now the question becomes - can we drag on Saturday instead of listening to our wonderful GM Performance friends :o
                    Thanks Allen! I'd be up for listening to engines roar and tires squeal instead of all the hoopla! :P

Linda 8)

Comment

What she said. ^^^^
                      OH YEAH
                      Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

Who was it? LINDA DAVIS! Anybody else remember her? I'll take the tires any day....... :D
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I would rather listen to finger nails on a chalk board, than hear Linda Davis again!!!!!!!!!!
                          Living the dream!

Comment

looks like there's racing at Bristol on both Friday, June 12th, and Saturday, June 13th www.bristoldragway.com (check news/schedules, etc.)

Comment

Looks like the Saturday event is something else on the schedule. Good thing there is lots of room at Bristol.

Comment

Working...
                              X