Short HRPT Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short HRPT Trip

I could not do the whole HRPT (I posted this some where before) "My <grin>" HRPT money went to "Our <grin>" 36th Anniversary boat cruise to the Caribbean.We just got back and we had a blast.

I had some people ask me about doing the 1st 3 days of the HRPT

I originally did not think I could do the 1st 3 days, but I'm pretty sure I can do Day 2 and Day 3 trip.

My plan is to leave Sunday, with another car from So. Central PA for Charleston, WV & spend the night there.

We could have up to 4 cars

Get to the venue early in Charleston & hang out, then meet the Bang Shift gang coming in on Monday

Spend the night (Monday) in Charleston, WV again (hopefully I/we can find a hotel for 2 nights)

Then travel with the group to the venue Norwalk, OH & spend the night there (Tuesday) , then I must head back to PA on Wednesday.

I will read the threads for hotel suggestion & see if we can get near the hotel where the BangShifter are hanging out...

Thanks for any advice.

So. Central PA
    Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

It will be good to do at least some of the tour and catch up with some BS'rs. See ya in Charleston Bill
    FKA Redragtop
    (formerly known as)

Comment

Glad your are making part of it, will be good to see you again Bill.
      Ron Reidell
      56 F100
      2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Sounds like it's in the bag then Bill.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

It's coming together pretty well,
          The other guy what is driving too (his first HRPT attempt) thought it was Charlestown WV (2 hours drive) , not Charleston, WV (5 hour drive) ahahahaha
          So. Central PA

Comment

It'll be good to see you again Bill. It seems like it's been forever.
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

All Rightie... I know It hurts not to go on the HRPT... This will be a small fix, it will be tough to leave after Ohio....

I'll post my hotel reservations on on the reservation page
              So. Central PA

Comment

Invite your wife - she will let you stay out longer then. Or maybe not, but we hope so.
                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Good to hear you can make part of it!
                  Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Bill i am taking your other half of the trip pretty much, i am picking up the tour in Charleston or Norwalk and taking it to WI, we should cross paths for one day at least.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I'm soo looking forward to seeing EVERYONE

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                      It will be good to do at least some of the tour and catch up with some BS'rs. See ya in Charleston Bill
                      Yes. looking forward to it

Originally posted by rocco3750 View Post
                      Glad your are making part of it, will be good to see you again Bill.
                      It will be good to see you too.

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Sounds like it's in the bag then Bill.
                      It is now, I'm dragging at least one other newbie along. and Possibly one or two others

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                      It'll be good to see you again Bill. It seems like it's been forever.
                      OH I KNOW !!!!!!, So many thing got in my way the last few years.

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                      Invite your wife - she will let you stay out longer then. Or maybe not, but we hope so.
                      She can't,(recently changed jobs after 22 years) she was lucky to get off for our Anniversary cruise, I do plan on taking here to the NorthEast Rod run in the fall.

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                      Good to hear you can make part of it!
                      Last year was really tough seeing all the Facebook posts of update & the fun times you all had.

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                      Bill i am taking your other half of the trip pretty much, i am picking up the tour in Charleston or Norwalk and taking it to WI, we should cross paths for one day at least.
                      We should, in Charlestown, I'll be right down by where the rivers meet. I assume there will be other people there from BS too. I have to look at the Hotel list..

Last edited by Vsolo; April 8, 2014, 06:50 PM.
                      So. Central PA

Comment

Working...
                      X