john dillinger famous escape from crown point jail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john dillinger famous escape from crown point jail

there is a downtown historic area with an 'ESCAPE PROOF" JAIL WHICH Dillinger broke out from. visits are supposedly by appt only. Anyone interested ?

I am -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Me too. Plus there's a micro brewery that I want to go to there.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Count me and the boys in!
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
          Me too. Plus there's a micro brewery that I want to go to there.
          If you sample too much, the jail isn't too far away
          FKA Redragtop
          (formerly known as)

Comment

not sure which microbrewery that is being referred to, but....there is one called Three Floyd's, in Munster, Indiana (about 20 minutes from Crown Point, Indiana).....regionally famous, almost always crowded, just added an addition....(once a year, they sell one kind of beer, they hold a lottery for folks who want to come and purchase, lottery always sells out within minutes).....

Comment

Will you post up details, I'm always in for a road trip

Comment

still trying to reach the place on the phone i'll let you guys and girls know something as soon as i do

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                  not sure which microbrewery that is being referred to, but....there is one called Three Floyd's, in Munster, Indiana (about 20 minutes from Crown Point, Indiana).....regionally famous, almost always crowded, just added an addition....(once a year, they sell one kind of beer, they hold a lottery for folks who want to come and purchase, lottery always sells out within minutes).....
                  Dave, I was just at Three Floyd's in January. The brewery that I was talking about is Crown Brewery. I actually met someone from Crown when we were in Munster.
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I sent the jail an e-mail, they responeded. I set up a tour for 10+ at 6:00 PM on Wednesday evening. He will do multiple tours if more than 15 show up. I tried to post this earlier when 59brook first brought it up, but can not post from my computer.

The tours are 30-45 minutes.

Comment

count me in for 1

Comment

Working...
                      X