Alternate Route for Friday's drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternate Route for Friday's drive

Upon seeing the route planned for Friday, Sean(AMeanXtreme) told me of a construction delay near Dubuque, Iowa that he and his store manager got caught in not long ago... We decided to make a dry run the other night. It has gotten worse than before! we tried another route and it would be better road surface, better views, and less rush hour traffic to deal with! Those who would like to join us can meet with us at O'reilly Auto Parts: 1206 Camanche Ave, Clinton, IA 52732 at about 8:30 AM(Please leave the parking closest to the door available for customers) Those staying on the Illinois side of the river can avoid the bridge traffic in the Quad Cities and meet us at the gas station in Fulton located at 1130 17th St, Fulton, IL 61252 at about 8:45 or so... we will continue north along this route from there: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Isle...d43.666595!3e0

Sorry about the long link, but being a local, We are familiar with the area and have been told by others that the delay in Dubuque will happen at peak traffic times and the delay normally is 45-55 minutes There are plenty of places to get fuel and assistance along the way, and we will meet up with the official route near Platteville, Wisconsin to join the rest of those on the tour group... Sean is working on a U-tube video to post as well that is an abbreviated view of the drive from Clinton to Galena, Illinois.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Thanks Patrick - I printed it all.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the route update, always want to visit Galena
      1993 LX Mustang Convertible
      1987 Saleen Mustang Hatchback

Comment

like the idea. will print the link and hope to hook up with you.

Comment

Video is Up!!!!

Sean
          LH 2008,09,10,11,12,14
          Drivin' it home!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...h-Expectations.
          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for much.
          But they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

Comment

Patrick, thanks for the information. We are bypassing the rush hour traffic Thursday morning, going from Crown Point to Beecher, Peotone, Wilmington, continueing west to highway 47, then north to Morris where we will go west on I-80. Sorry, I don't know how to move the google map to here.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              Patrick, thanks for the information. We are bypassing the rush hour traffic Thursday morning, going from Crown Point to Beecher, Peotone, Wilmington, continueing west to highway 47, then north to Morris where we will go west on I-80. Sorry, I don't know how to move the google map to here.
              Thanks smallblock,with us being from the Bettendorf area, we will be checking in at Crown Point, then, hammering home wednesday nite to spend a couple of nights in our own beds before heading to the dells...
              Last edited by silver_bullet; May 30, 2014, 10:12 AM.
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                Thanks Patrick - I printed it all.
                I'll be chasing your shadow
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Maybe we should get a head count for the number of cars at O'reilly's so we can have a contingency plan just in case...
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

thanks for the info.......will be leaving Crown Point for my home in Chicago, then a run to Bettendorf, then......using the suggested alternate route to the Wisconsin Dells.........rexx!

Comment

What are you driving this year Dave ?
                      You have a large remuda to choose from so who get to leave the corral?
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

the dark green '69 Z......thought about taking the '13 ZL1 but.....what's a Power Tour without old school? rexx!

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                          the dark green '69 Z......thought about taking the '13 ZL1 but.....what's a Power Tour without old school? rexx!
                          Sounds good - I know that one ! See ya soon amigo.
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

bringing a PT sign for you as well.....rexx!

Comment

Can't wait to meet up again! we missed you guys last year!
                              Last edited by silver_bullet; June 1, 2014, 06:06 AM.
                              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

Working...
                              X