Registration Pick Up Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registration Pick Up Questions

Okay I'm gonna be a HRPT newb for a minute, I see registration is open on Friday to pick up your info and what not, but its only open till six. Am I gonna hate life at 9 am on Saturday if I wait until then to get registered or will it go smooth? I was planning on hitting some pre-events on the way in to town Friday night but now I'm thinking I should head straight to the track and get registered? Thoughts? Advantages over Friday vs Saturday morning?
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Another small question, I'm not gonna make a new thread for it, but hopefully someone will answer. I think I read this before, but if we registered one car, and show up with another, its not a big deal right?
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

I do not believe they care one way or another what car you register or drive. They CLAIM that you can't have rental cars but is seems that is also waived if you travel from across large bodies of water.

Typically, they are going to want to see your Driver's license and sometimes proof of insurance.

As to Saturday morning credentials pickup, I don't think it will be the end of the world but most likely the lines will be a little longer than on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
        Another small question, I'm not gonna make a new thread for it, but hopefully someone will answer. I think I read this before, but if we registered one car, and show up with another, its not a big deal right?
        I think Allen kinda covered it. If you can register early it gives you more time to get to the venue and start your eye candy feast, but it's fun to be with the group registering and seeing big groups of cars come in. Can't remember if you're doing the long haul or not?

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
          I think Allen kinda covered it. If you can register early it gives you more time to get to the venue and start your eye candy feast, but it's fun to be with the group registering and seeing big groups of cars come in. Can't remember if you're doing the long haul or not?

No, no long haul

Comment

You will probably want to wait till Saturday to register. The traffic in the Charlotte/Concord area is murder on Friday evenings. You will have to have a driver's license and proof of insurance for whatever vehicle you're gonna drive on the tour, and it's ok if it's not the one you registered. It usually goes fairly fast if you're pre-registered, you just have to pick up your credentials and goodie bag. Lines for pre-registration are separate from the ones who haven't registered yet.
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

No way, traffic jams are fun, especially on Fridays on 485. I'm going to go early in the afternoon, get it done, then cruise home, and then finish the last of the oil changing stuff...

Comment

Harpslinger, if you think traffic jams are fun, I have some oceanfront property in Arizona that's for sale!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Working...
                X