How fast does the Power Tour go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How fast does the Power Tour go?

This is my first time on Power Tour and I am going to join in on the way to Bettendorf. I see they are leaving at 8 am with the lunch stop 80 miles away. Is there a certain time they plan on getting to and leaving the lunch stop? I am planning on joining the tour around the 136 mile mark. Aside from waiting on the side of the road is there any way to tell approximately what time the tour would be at the 136 mile mark? I have a small group meeting at my house and leaving from there. I know there are many people taking different routes but we would like to join in with at least some of the group.

Thanks in advance.

THURSDAY MORNING, JUNE 12TH
    Crown Point, IN to Bettendorf, IA
    8:00 AM DEPARTURE – US-30W & I-65
    NO DRIVERS MEETING-Odometer tripped US-30W & I-65
    JTOLLS! TOLLS! TOLLS! HAVE $CASH$! WE WANT TO GET YOU TO YOUR LUNCH HOST, HEIDTS, THE SMOOTHEST WAY POSSIBLE AND THAT IS BY THE CHICAGO FREEWAY SYSTEM!
    Head West on US-30. Take to US-41N.
    7.6 mi Turn Right on US-41N (Popeye’s)
    13.5 mi Turn Right for I-80W/I-94W
    Taking I-80W Tollway to I-294N Tollway
    23.6 mi Exit for I-294N Tollway (left 4 lanes)
    THERE WILL BE (3) TOLLS ON I-294N @ $1.50 EACH.
    49.8 mi Exit for I-290W/Rockford
    66.5 mi I-290W will become IL-53N
    72.6 mi IL-53N becomes IL-53Spur
    73.8 mi Exit Lake Cook Rd West - Left Lane
    75.3 mi Turn Right on Rand/US-12 (Hyundai)
    76.8 mi Turn Right on Quentin (BP gas station)
    79.0 mi Turn Left on IL-22W
    79.8 mi Turn Right on Oakwood (7-Eleven)
    80.7 mi LUNCH STOP – HEIDTS AUTOMOTIVE
    800 Oakwood Rd., Lake Zurich, IL 60047
    BACK TO ROUTE Left on Oakwood going to IL-22W
    81.5 mi Turn Right on IL-22W
    88.7 mi Turn Right on US-14W – following signs
    97.3 mi Turn Left on IL-176W/Terre Cotta Rd (McD’s)
    101.3 mi Turn Right to continue on IL-176W
    102.2 mi Turn Left to continue on IL-176W
    111.2 mi Turn Left on IL-23S/State St. in Marengo
    111.7 mi Turn Right on US-20W/Grant Hwy
    136.3 mi Right for I-39S/US-20W – Freeport/Bloomington
    138.8 mi Continue straight for US-20W

Leave pretty early, get to the route, get out your chairs and wait for the cars to get thick enough you can't stand it anymore. Then jump in the parade.

Lots of them kamikaze right on to the venue so they can do the same thing there. Not all will stop at the lunch stop. Others will travel leisurely, so do what seems right, but you gotta be on the route to know what's happening!!
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

The cars get all spread out. Some do not attend the lunch stop. My guess for your area is around 11?
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I will be ready to go at 11 and great idea on watching the parade. I can't wait.

Comment

Faster than the speed of sound

Comment

The speed limit of course and not a mile over it.....

Comment

Depends on who you are trying to keep up with, right, Allen? CSTMWGN...
              Patrick & Tammy
              - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Leave pretty early, get to the route, get out your chairs and wait for the cars to get thick enough you can't stand it anymore. Then jump in the parade.

Lots of them kamikaze right on to the venue so they can do the same thing there. Not all will stop at the lunch stop. Others will travel leisurely, so do what seems right, but you gotta be on the route to know what's happening!!
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

That's my plan. If you see three Oldsmobiles hanging out between Rockford and Byron that will be us. It's going to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by R442 View Post
                      That's my plan. If you see three Oldsmobiles hanging out between Rockford and Byron that will be us. It's going to be great.
                      I going to wait in Belvidere and jump in with them go to Byron and hit the next few towns with them.

Comment

On June 13 I'll be jumping in line somewhere in southwestern Wisconsin ;)
                        I hope to hit hwy 60 between Spring Green and Sauk City with some other speedy drivers. That's a very fun road if you car can go around corners.
                        Last edited by mike343sharpstick; June 11, 2014, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Some times I'm hauling ass and sucking gas, others I'm doing the speed limit.....

Comment

The PT goes waaaayyyy too fast. It's over before anybody is ready. At least for me.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

And the memories - - - - PRICELESS
                              Joe

Comment

Working...
                              X