No announcement yet.

2015 Power Tour - plan ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping it's not New Orleans is a big time theft area for automobiles with container ships in port to haul stolen cars.......
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
      I'm hoping it's not New Orleans is a big time theft area for automobiles with container ships in port to haul stolen cars.......
      I agree with the theft issue plus it isn't exactly the friendliest city for families.
      1964 Chevelle
      Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
      LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Don't have much container ships in the port of New Orleans anymore vast majority of that goes to Mobile and Houston now a days. We have a new road racing complex west of New Orleans that would be a perfect venue site far enough way from New Orleans to be safer but close enough if you wanted to visit the French Qtr. Houston probably has more cars stolen any other city along the Gulf coast. Remember we have Crusin the Coast every year along the Mississippi coast with more than twice the car count of Power Tour. If car thief were a problem there wouldn't be very many people show up.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Nearly 100 vehicles reported stolen in N.O. in two-week period...................

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

That is a Friday night in Detroit.
            Joe

Comment

At one time wasn't Memphis the worst for auto theft? Maybe one of the years we were there.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

I wonder if they will try n follow Route 66 out to like Santa Fe or Albuquerque? HRPT hasn't gone west really have they? And what was I hearing about Family Events' contract running out?

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                  Bettendorf was no walk in the park this year. .
                  I came in from the north, as per the driving instructions & had no problem, unlike those who went "off directions" & tried going over the bridge by the venue. But traffic jams happen frequently on past Tours getting in & out of the Venues.
                  LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                    I came in from the north, as per the driving instructions & had no problem, unlike those who went "off directions" & tried going over the bridge by the venue. But traffic jams happen frequently on past Tours getting in & out of the Venues.
                    I had the driving directions from the north 2 and ended up siting in line for over 2 miles...gave up after 40+ minutes and it was 4:50... didn't have to make it to the venue anyway wasn't long hauling didn't need stamps or magnets.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

No matter what the stops are, im in as long as it starts north and end in FL. How about ending in the Keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Badass Bowtie View Post
                        No matter what the stops are, im in as long as it starts north and end in FL. How about ending in the Keys?
                        Not an ice cube's chance of that! You could always do Key West Power Cruise starting Wednesday (7/9)

Comment

I would doubt that it will go back to the east coast next year. But then again they may just break the mold next year.
                          1964 Chevelle
                          Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                          LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

I'm hopeful that the reason it is taking so long, is they are doing their due diligence in preparing for 2015. Better venues, better roads, more organization.
                            Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                            Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                            Kansas City 2017

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                              I'm hopeful that the reason it is taking so long, is they are doing their due diligence in preparing for 2015. Better venues, better roads, more organization.
                              The wonderful thing about "hope" is that it gives you something to look forward to however improbable it may be

Comment

I know that I for one am waiting to see what cities and venues it goes to, and then make my decision. It depends on what changes (if any) are made.
                                Jim T
                                Supercar Collectibles
                                www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                                X