• Show
Clear All

golf courses everywhere.
    7 days, 7 golf courses
    just shoot me now
    HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
      I said it on FB and I'll say it on here..... I Love my hometown of Jefferson City, but there is no way they could handle the Power Tour. Our Downtown isn't built to handle 3,000-4,000 cars, plus all the semi's, plus all the set up, plus all the spectators. I feel people would hate Jeff City as much as they hated WV, and that would be sad. If it were to come through Central Missouri, the Lake of the Ozarks would be a much better stop. Not to mention, they host an event each years that draws 3,000-5,000 cars over the course of a weekend. Hotels would also be a problem in Jeff City, as they are placed all over the place. The city itself is only about 43,000 people, and that's on a good day.

Just my two cents....
      Hey Bucky - We didn't hate WV. We met some great local folks there. And we didn't hate Mobile in 2010. We found a neat local eating place & met some great tour people there. And we didn't even hate Springfield in 2009 even though it was unbelievably screwed up with construction. Hey we got our picture taken in front of Abe Lincoln's law office. I know that you are just zoning in on what some folks are saying but a lot of us just take it for what it is. You know.........it is what it is. No matter where it is. And if it goes to Jeff City we will be there & find some good memories to take away from it. Even if everything goes to hell in a hand basket! (What does that mean anyway?)
      ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by bearphoto View Post
        Please not the same ole same ole locations! Some new places please! How many times can we pass through Littlerock, Memphis ect............................
        I agree, I did the 2012, spoke to few veterans, and seems to me the HRPT is about the east coast, and same cities etc.
        PETE
        2012 Hot Rod Power Tour ►2014 WST► ​​​​​​2015 Corvettes at Carlisle, PA ► 2015 WST► 2016 WST► 2017 WST

Comment

Originally posted by PLRXPLRX View Post

I agree, I did the 2012, spoke to few veterans, and seems to me the HRPT is about the east coast, and same cities etc.
          A vast % of the population is in a Tx-Mn-NY-Fl box, probably won't break out of it by much. Vendors want to be in populated areas.
          LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
            Hey Bucky - We didn't hate WV. We met some great local folks there. And we didn't hate Mobile in 2010. We found a neat local eating place & met some great tour people there. And we didn't even hate Springfield in 2009 even though it was unbelievably screwed up with construction. Hey we got our picture taken in front of Abe Lincoln's law office. I know that you are just zoning in on what some folks are saying but a lot of us just take it for what it is. You know.........it is what it is. No matter where it is. And if it goes to Jeff City we will be there & find some good memories to take away from it. Even if everything goes to hell in a hand basket! (What does that mean anyway?)
            Well said!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

I don't really care where it goes, we enjoy seeing all our friends as much as we enjoy the trip! Just hope they can control the traffic jams somewhat, that's a bummer.
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

While at dinner in Dells, I overheard a table consisting of two large sponsor companies. They made numerous mentions of New Orleans as being a final destination for 2015. Would be kinda cool to zigzag around the Mississippi the whole drive down. There is also plenty of infrastructure along the way to support the tour. This is my educated bet even though I think it would be fun to head out west.

Current Cars
                69 GTO, 67 Galaxie (Power Tour Car), 27 Model T, 01 Lightning, 00 Convertible Vette, 86 El Camino, 68 Duece and a Half, 05 CrownVic LX Sport
                Last edited by satta3; August 18, 2014, 03:04 PM.
                00 TT C5 Convertible Nassau Blue
                67 Galaxie
                01 SVT Lightning
                68 M35A2
                69 GTO
                05 Crown Vic LX Sport
                27 T

Comment

It will be HOT

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
                    It will be HOT
                    But we're lucky to have the humidity to go with it!

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by satta3 View Post
                      While at dinner in Dells, I overheard a table consisting of two large sponsor companies. They made numerous mentions of New Orleans as being a final destination for 2015. Would be kinda cool to zigzag around the Mississippi the whole drive down. There is also plenty of infrastructure along the way to support the tour. This is my educated bet even though I think it would be fun to head out west. Current Cars 69 GTO, 67 Galaxie (Power Tour Car), 27 Model T, 01 Lightning, 00 Convertible Vette, 86 El Camino, 68 Duece and a Half, 05 CrownVic LX Sport
                      Was this while on tour?
                      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                      Kansas City 2017

Comment

New Orleans.........sweet......I would REALLY be driving it home.
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                          Was this while on tour?

Yes it was, while we were in Dells the last night before the morning send off. Both companies were large official sponsors.

Current Cars
                          69 GTO, 67 Galaxie (Power Tour Car), 27 Model T, 01 Lightning, 00 Convertible Vette, 86 El Camino, 68 Duece and a Half, 05 CrownVic LX Sport
                          00 TT C5 Convertible Nassau Blue
                          67 Galaxie
                          01 SVT Lightning
                          68 M35A2
                          69 GTO
                          05 Crown Vic LX Sport
                          27 T

Comment

For the Rumor mill:

While seaching Family events for a clue where its going in 2015 I see no HRPT logo there and under 2015 the only thing listed is: the Duqoin Stree Machine nationals in June 2015 HMM are they not doing this in 2015? or am I just all Coloradoed up?

I freaking hate waiting for an announcements like this
                            Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Rumor is that Family Events will not be doing the HRPT next year.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I do remember several years ago they WERE trying to do Minneapolis to New Orleans, following the river as much as possible. It didn't happen, but all it takes is 1-2 cities not close enough to each other, not available THAT day, and most if not a whole route can be scraped. Hope it works out, and no Family Events in charge would be fine with me. Or MAKE them be responsible for a safe trip - with no cars sitting on the shoulder of a highway when in route to daily destinations. New Orleans would be fine with me.

Oh yah. I sold the pictured wagon. Guy saw it on the last day in Dells. It lives in IL now.
                                Last edited by Jimsc52; August 21, 2014, 02:29 PM.
                                Jim T
                                Supercar Collectibles
                                www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                                X