Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustrade, but had a great week non the less....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I thought Crown Point was the most pleasant of the Venues, grass & trees vs asphalt. Yeah, no directions where to go, but I did all right. Downtowns tend to be a cluster.
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky67 View Post
      I hate to say this Andy, but your complaints have been valid complaints each and every single year. My first tour was in 2010 and locals always had first dibs on all the parking. If anyone remembers getting into Mobile, it was a freak'n nightmare!! You say that Karma will come back around, but I would have to disagree..... Family Events know what the issues are, every single year people bitch, gripe, and complain..... But yet, the Power Tour just keeps getting bigger and bigger. For every single person that says "they'll never do it again", or "they won't be back".... Family Events will get 10 more to take your place. It's the sad truth, but at the end of the day, Family Events doesn't give two shits about the Long Haulers. They make their money off of the people that buy one day passes, because they outnumber the Longer Haulers greatly! It's all about the Money....

So, with that being said, I'd have to agree that there are other Tours out there.... Year One puts on their own specific tour that happens in September every year. Bearphoto now does the Western Scenic Tour, then you have a New England/East Coast Tour, Cruise'n the Coast down in Mississippi, and now Ford, AMSOIL, AEROMOTIVE along with a bunch of other Sponsors (I think it's Street Rodder Magazine) has started their own tours that start in multiple cities. You do have other options.

Just my two cents.
      Thanks for mentioning our cruise with the rest of the others. Here at the Northeast Rod Run, we will be running our 8th trip in 7 years and the only complains we've had so far, are from the people that didn't do our entire 3 day cruises and their complaints always are "boy.... do I wish I planned to do the whole thing instead of just a day or two, because it was a blast".
      1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
      2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
      2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

Originally posted by Northeast Rod Run View Post
        Thanks for mentioning our cruise with the rest of the others.
        You are very welcome!!

Perry- I am so sorry the way you were treated. That is uncalled for and unacceptable. Sadly, the PT continues to grow each and every year. It's so big now, that it's all about corporate dollars. I would be shocked if the PT does not hit a downtown area. Why you ask? Simple- The cities pay top dollar to have the Power Tour stop in their city. It's a bidding war with Family Events choosing the city that is willing to pay the most, per say. Now, if the Mayor of that city, why would you want the PT venue to be downtown? That's revenue that we are bringing to the City. Yes, you could always have it a track, or a stadium.... But if it's downtown and people get hungry, or thirsty, where are they going to go?!

Do I agree with everything and how it's run?! Nope, not one bit. But, I go into the Power Tour every year knowing that it's going to be a cluster f*ck. I go for all the people, the cars, and the drive. If you don't like with how everything is ran, how there is No Parking for Long Haulers, the 2 hours it takes you to get into the venue, the lack of respect.... Ect, then simply find another tour to participate in.

sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
        - George Orwell

Comment

All these problems could be easily solved but won't until the car count drops and Hot Rod listens to us (we are the show) it's all about making money now. If all venues were race tracks, speedways or professional sport stadiums and the long haulers were assigned parking up close to the venue that would make doing the tour a pleasure instead of what it has become. I had a great time driving the route and seeing old friend that I only get to see on tour, but I truly wish that venue choices improve. My
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

We are going to the Camaro rally in Sturgis, and seriously considering the western scenic tour in our future plans for next year... Sean can't make Sturgis this year, but, that's the price of being newer to the work force...
            Patrick & Tammy
            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
              Yeah, on sat. a rent-a-cop held a few of us in a side lot for a rediculos length of time.
              We sat in the same lot for what seemed like 14 hours!! We were about ready to run over the rent-a-cop.
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Behemoth View Post
                Here's my idea. Family events needs to hire some people with organizational skills, and some Brains and Common sense thrown in. It's not rocket science. Downtown venues don't work. They know this. Need more than one point of entry. Need to have a meeting with parking people, as to who parks where. That's just the simple stuff, if you get some people whose passion is organizing, things would run much smoother. They should also check out everything, venues, route, hotels. There are always going to be the unforeseen problems that arise, but the same problems every year show a lack of understanding or they just don't care as long as the check clears. If all else fails then maybe Finnegan and Ferb (Freiburger) could drive the Crusher Camaro in the big middle of the group, things would probably change then.
                Hi Loretta, we enjoyed meeting you on PT.
                The biggest thing they could change would be to use racetracks and such as venues. Those people are used to getting traffic in and out. As for Frieburger, we sat in traffic for 2 1/2 hours in Wisconsin, only to see Frieburger and his minions drive down the shoulder and pass us and get into the venue about and hour and a half before we did. Not a good public image!
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Hey all, I have to agree this cluster getting into the venues each day is a joke. Also trying to eat at almost any food joint after 6 pm and the wait is at least an hour to find out they ran out of what food you wanted is just as bad. But that being said I have had the time of my life doing 5 long hauls now and made some really close friends along the way. All of us here on BS keep our self in a loop of things to do along the way. I think next year we should all still go on the power tour because that's what we love to do. But this is going to be my plan if I go and maybe a few will do the same.
                  1. Book hotels with other BS ers, cause you know that's where the parties are.
                  2.Go down the day before and attend the VA Show and the Starting Line Parties
                  3. Go to the venue the first day to check out the cars and see how big it is.
                  4. Drive the route each day leaving around 8am but skip the venues and go stright to the Hotels
                  5. Find a place for dinner before the crowd gets out of the venues and they run out of food.
                  6. Enjoy the parking lot parties every night
                  7. Drive home and wait till next year to do it again.
                  Yes it might suck not getting to see the Stage show each night but it will solve a lot of our problems when had this year.

Comment

Things I will do differant next time. Leave each morning by 7am no matter what. Drive the route and get close to venue and stop to eat. Go straight to venue get my magnets and then go to motel. Hope to beat much of the traffic as possible. Maybe even have time to take pictures along the way. Hope to have my daughter with me next time.
                    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      Hi Loretta, we enjoyed meeting you on PT. The biggest thing they could change would be to use racetracks and such as venues. Those people are used to getting traffic in and out. As for Frieburger, we sat in traffic for 2 1/2 hours in Wisconsin, only to see Frieburger and his minions drive down the shoulder and pass us and get into the venue about and hour and a half before we did. Not a good public image!
                      So glad to meet so many of you, even if it was at the very end.
                      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                      Kansas City 2017

Comment

Working...
                      X