No announcement yet.

Incidents on 2014 Power Tour..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incidents on 2014 Power Tour..........

During the Power Tour a couple had stayed at my hotel who driving Dodge Little Red Truck and a Mini Cooper......I saw them later on tour and the truck looked damaged on the passenger side fender.....never got a chance to see them again......so I was wondering does anyone knows what happened to the truck during the Power Tour?
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Don't know but saw the truck , yikes
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

the little red truck was damaged at the end of the tunnel that we went through at that venue....

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
        the little red truck was damaged at the end of the tunnel that we went through at that venue....

At Chilhowee?? That sucks!
        2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Ouch!!!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Maybe I missed the story online, but I heard there was issues with break in's and attempted car theft in Knoxville? Leaving that venue I was very happy my hotel was on the other end of town, the area reminded me of the area surrounding the Little Rock, AR fairgrounds venue.
            GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

I got a photo of that truck.

Didn't hear anything about break ins but we stayed on the other side of knoxville.
              Last edited by Mustang02; June 16, 2014, 10:30 AM.

Comment

A Power Tour friend from the Chicago area in his 1 1/2 week old (bought) 67 Nova ll , LS motor, setup up for autocross, caught the bellhousing on a watermain shutoff pipe that was sticking up out of the freshly paved (but not finished, second coat) street in Lancaster, OH. Preliminary reports are that it is totaled, ripped the bellhousing from the motor the starter was just hanging by the wires, fender shims came out, rear quarters bowed out and they said the A pillars bent, even throw the radio from the dash. One of the people in our group happened to have a trailer and it was trailered to Norwalk where Pilot transported it back to IL.

Comment

Now that really sucked there........hoping the insurance comes through for him......................
                  That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post
                    Heard 3 or 4 cars also, saw a Chevelle with a scraped door the next day.
                    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                      During the Power Tour a couple had stayed at my hotel who driving Dodge Little Red Truck and a Mini Cooper......I saw them later on tour and the truck looked damaged on the passenger side fender.....never got a chance to see them again......so I was wondering does anyone knows what happened to the truck during the Power Tour?

She told me that the gate at Knoxville was not fully open and she hit it. It didn't structurally hurt the truck, just a fender and a grill.
                      HRPT Long Haul 2013, 2014

Comment

I heard one car hit a deer also. We saw a bear run across the highway at one point. No one hit the bear.
                        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by larry g View Post
                          A Power Tour friend from the Chicago area in his 1 1/2 week old (bought) 67 Nova ll , LS motor, setup up for autocross, caught the bellhousing on a watermain shutoff pipe that was sticking up out of the freshly paved (but not finished, second coat) street in Lancaster, OH.
                          That sucks so bad. Lancaster was a mess and traffic was backed up around noon as we tried to pass through. I ended up getting out of the jam and bypassing it (as well as Mansfield). Whoever planned that WV-OH leg did not do their homework.

And I saw that Little Red Express - quite sad - it was beautiful. Hope they get it fixed.
                          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
                          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
                          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post
                            I heard one car hit a deer also. We saw a bear run across the highway at one point. No one hit the bear.

here is my Camaro, taped it up and drove it 400mi home

Comment

Originally posted by sbubba View Post
                              here is my Camaro, taped it up and drove it 400mi home
                              Crap ... did you cut off the steering wheel airbag or what ?

Comment

Working...
                              X