No announcement yet.

Is Power Tour getting dangerous?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was our 3rd power tour and probably our last. The venues chosen are not capable of handling the number of cars participating. Venues such as Nascar, NFL and MLB all can get several thousand cars in and out in a timely manner.

Another gripe not listed above is the routes are long which generally means you miss out on the racing etc. When you arrive late they park you on the wrong side of the track and then 15 to 20 min later they decide to quit racing. When you park participants all over Timbucktwo it is hard to see all of the neat cars.

we will be looking into a few smaller events such as the Springfield Il. route 66 show.

If you look under the incident blog you will see how our last day was ruined by a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      Do you suppose the steep increase in participants has anything to do with the "bikers" changing their hobby to "hotrodder" ?? From reading what you guys are saying, it sounds like a ton of rookies are out there contributing to the mayhem.
      Not sure about that Ed - I didn't see a lot folks running around in lycra shorts with crotch padding

Comment

oooooh...that's goooood...
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Not sure about that Ed - I didn't see a lot folks running around in lycra shorts with crotch padding
          Well, I guess most of them aren't from Florida.......but lots of them are blue hairs........LOL!!
          Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 18, 2014, 07:34 PM.
          Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
          HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Come to think of it I did see some old bikers types with tattoo queens hanging around.
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
              Come to think of it I did see some old bikers types with tattoo queens hanging around.
              Yeah, but I'm talking about the 'poseur' types...........I've thought for quite awhile that they figured out those HDs can kill ya.............not to bash 'em, but I think they swapped motor sport hobbies to live a bit longer.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; June 18, 2014, 08:16 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
              X