Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit427
    replied
    Bring kids to car events and teach them the value to respect cars and other peoples property.

The one that irks me is the person who without asking opens a car door and sits in it like they own it. Seriously, don't do that! I will let anyone sit in my cars without hesitation, if they ask.

The HRPT etiquette breach I notice especially in parking lots at venues are those who take up limited parking spaces just so they can sit next to their car. I'm not talking about the people just holding a spot for their friend either. Want to sit right next to your car all day, pull it forward a couple feet and sit behind it or simply sit in front of it and talk all day.
    Last edited by Detroit427; July 17, 2014, 02:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• moparjim71
    replied
    Usually the people that say stuff like that don't even have a car so I wouldn't worry about it. Cars are for driving. We let people sit in ours if they want and I've even borrowed cars to people to use for their weddings.
    Last edited by moparjim71; July 2, 2014, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Harpslinger
    replied
    My car isn't a show winner, so I don't sweat it. Lots of kids have sat in it at car shows. What annoys me is people that look down on it because its 'just a junk car' (Overheard at the last Kilt show).

Leave a comment:

• gamauter
    replied
    Originally posted by redragtop View Post
    Just bring chalk next year and all the Etiquette Breaches can be pointed out in a fun innocent kind of way

Leave a comment:

• 1972Behemoth
    replied
    Sorry, it was the Drivers seat. It won't let me edit it for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Behemoth
    replied
    We were at a car show Sunday, and a kid probably 10 was having his mom take a picture of him with my sons Cobra. He leaned up against it, went and put his arm inside the window of it. And you know what? It was OK. You could see on his face how much he liked it, and I thought here is the future generation of Hot Rodder. We need to encourage this with our children and the ones we come in contact with. We stopped at a small station on the road between Knoxville and Norwalk, and a guy with his family let my son (8) sit in the passenger seat of their car. Although we have several cars, he is still talking about the one he sat in on tour.

Leave a comment:

• av8tiontek
    replied
    Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
    We can't have the younger generation think our cars are so far up on a pedestal that they all buy foriegn stuff when they turn 16. The ones that piss me off are the adults that just lean up against my car like it belongs to them.
    Well said sir! It is not necessary to lean on it or sit on it to take a picture either.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Behemoth
    replied
    Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
    Kids are going to touch cars, unless they have parents that are car people and teach them not too. I have had kids do that to my stuff while I was standing there,and then get scolded by their parents. I usually open the door and let the kids sit in the car and pretend drive. We can't have the younger generation think our cars are so far up on a pedestal that they all buy foriegn stuff when they turn 16. The ones that piss me off are the adults that just lean up against my car like it belongs to them.
    I have always taught my kids not to touch other peoples belongings, especially cars. It's just a matter of respect.

Leave a comment:

• htrdharley
    replied
    Kids are going to touch cars, unless they have parents that are car people and teach them not too. I have had kids do that to my stuff while I was standing there,and then get scolded by their parents. I usually open the door and let the kids sit in the car and pretend drive. We can't have the younger generation think our cars are so far up on a pedestal that they all buy foriegn stuff when they turn 16. The ones that piss me off are the adults that just lean up against my car like it belongs to them.

Leave a comment:

• ogre
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post

Man, seems like a bunch of whiners went this year..
    i think the OP is a little overly sensitive.

don't want people near your car? leave it in the garage, not on a 7 day event.
    i personally want to get a sign that says ''go ahead, touch it, it's only a car''
    those greasy popcorn finger prints might have helped get some of the bugs of the front of truk too

Leave a comment:

• silver_bullet
    replied
    We didn't see anything Donna!

Leave a comment:

• redragtop
    replied
    Just bring chalk next year and all the Etiquette Breaches can be pointed out in a fun innocent kind of way

Leave a comment:

• 67 Malibu
    replied
    Very Ignorant Peon? Not to my knowledge Phil. We just followed the guy in front of us & ended up in that spot in that line. If I had paid for V.I.P. parking I would have been a bit ticked considering how noisy it was that close to the dyno.

Leave a comment:

• av8tiontek
    replied
    Originally posted by NewEnglandRaceFan View Post
    like anything that big.. not everything goes smoothly.. it's tha nature of the beast.. only ones I can see bitching are ones that got in a wreck or car got stolen/broken into.. everything else is the risk you take driving your car..

I agree, if you get that many people in one place at one time there will be "those guys" no matter what the venue. Although, I was suprised at how much I learned from "car experts" about my car but I would just smile and laugh and let it go at that..... good times!

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Mike - did you have V.I.P. parking ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X