No announcement yet.

HRPT Etiquette Breaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure if this is a breach or not but to me it's very annoying - the parking spot space saver with the folding chair

Comment

Fold it down and park over it.
      Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CaminoKid View Post
        Fold it down and park over it.
        Tried that at my hotel, no spaces left and 1 had a chair in it. Almost got in a fight over it.
        Ron Reidell
        56 F100
        2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Phil View Post
          I'm not sure if this is a breach or not but to me it's very annoying - the parking spot space saver with the folding chair
          That is way to common at ALL automotive based events
          1999 Power Tour - 3 Stops
          2006 Power Tour Long Hauler
          2008-2012 Northeast Rod Run

Comment

I'm all for letting people take pictures with my car, and I'll let any kid sit inside my car..... However, I cannot agree that it's ok to walk up and simply start touching my car. For one, it's a lack of respect, no matter if an adult does it or a child. If a child does it, than his or her parents have not taught them right. I have a 10 year old son and an eight year old daughter. Both of them know that when we are at a cruise-in, car show, or a race track- Do Not Touch the Cars. First of all, if you have a layer or dust on your car from driving, yes, rubbing your fingers/hands on a paint job can put fine swirl marks and/or scratches in the clear. Was Jade a museum piece? Nope. Was she a trailer queen? Nope. Did I rack up over 21,000 in 3 years of her being restored? Yes I did. And even with 21,000 miles on the odometer, she took First Place at a World of Wheels Autorama Car Show.

Now, I realize that not everyone is a "OCD" or meticulous about their paint jobs as others, but don't assume it's ok to touch someone's car. Or that if we don't agree with that, that we are not teaching or passing Hot Rodding down to our youth, or giving them a bad taste. Both Chase and Chyanne LOVE Hot Rodding and can't wait to build their own. It's all on how you teach them and mentor them.
            sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
            - George Orwell

Comment

Anyone Bucky?
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Ok, First of all- There's always an exception to every policy, I mean that's just a standard. Second of all, she wasn't a complete stranger.... In fact, we got really close that night. Third, that was a really low point in my life where Jade might have been used...... I mean, I cannot confirm nor deny anything in that picture. I mean, do we even know who's car that is? For all we know, that could be smudges on the camera.... Bahahahahaha!!!!

Damn you Bob!!!
                sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
                - George Orwell

Comment

I'm just here to help Bucky!
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    Anyone Bucky?
                    Just..............WOW

Comment

Phil / Omaha

Comment

That's a whole lot of stuttering Bucky...
                        I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Just friends I bet -
                          Phil / Omaha

Comment

HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Working...
                            X