What did you like/ went well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did you like/ went well

Plenty of Threads complaining about things. What did you like? Personally the drive around Lake Lure made my Tour! That's what I want to do on the drive.
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Plenty of Threads on what didn't! What went well or you liked? I really liked the drive around Lake Lure, made my Tour! Like to see roads like that on every Tour!
    LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

• 1972Behemoth
      1972Behemoth commented
      Editing a comment
      Lure Lake was my favorite. And even though I hated the Charlestons and the Dells venues, I really enjoyed the towns. They were very scenic.

• BLUE STREAK
      BLUE STREAK commented
      Editing a comment
      Knoxville to Charleston was a beautiful drive up until I-64.

• 59brook
      59brook commented
      Editing a comment
      leaving zmax on sun morning was cool .All you could see for miles and miles were the power tour cars.

I liked most of the drives. We went through some beautiful country. Plus, I got to play with my friends for a week!
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Always like the drives and seeing the people. The shade at the park was nice and the scenic roads are great.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

The drives were good, I like the spirited driving! (though I believe that some people don't) Hotel Parking Lot gatherings were pretty fun also, kinda like a playground for adults, with the burnouts going on. The friends we have made over the years make the power tour.
        Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Pretty much everything until I got off of route 33 in Ohio was awesome! Loved the roads and meeting new people.
          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

It took all of about two days back at work to realize that I would rather be sitting in traffic for 2.5 hours with a towel on my head waiting to get into Chula Vista than sitting in my office starring at the piles of work, emails and voicemails I had waiting for me. The speeding ticket didn't really bother me. Just another expense to have fun and enjoy the road with my son and my friends.
            Last edited by Damon23; June 20, 2014, 07:04 PM.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
              It took all of about two days back at work to realize that I would rather be sitting in traffic for 2.5 hours with a towel on my head waiting to get into Chula Vista than sitting in my office starring at the piles of work, emails and voicemails I had waiting for me. The speeding ticket didn't really bother me. Just another expense to have fun and enjoy the road with my son and my friends.
              Well said!
              Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
              74 Nova Project
              66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
              79 Chevy Truck Project
              1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

The fun of the tour to me is seeing the country with friends and people who have a love for automobiles no matter what brand they are!
                Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

The driving, the friends, the waterfront venues

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                    Same here!
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

The drives every day, except when I skipped the two lunch stops and drove interstate. Those drives were boring. The official routes were very scenic.

The racetrack venues certainly had their acts together.

The fairground in Crown Point was GREAT! Shady and pretty, with a great playground for my daughter.

Seeing all the great cars! Even as bad as the venue was in Charleston and Wisconsin Dells, the cars were a blast to see.

My little side trip to Taliesen to see the Frank Lloyd Wright school and center was very interesting.

The drive in movie in Knoxville was a lot of fun. My family really enjoyed it.
                      HRPT Long Haul 2013, 2014

Comment

We liked pretty much everything except the traffic jams!! PT is like a huge family reunion! And every time we go, we make new friends!
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Knoxville, Charleston, Bettendorf and Wisconsin Dells sucked!! Everything else was great, loved the drives. They promised something special this year, didn't see it.
                          Ron Reidell
                          56 F100
                          2000 Corvette Convertible

LONG HAUL GANG 2012, 2014

Comment

After reading the responses posted here, they capture the reason I love the power tour...... the cars......the people......the drives.... the people..... did I say the people?

Comment

Working...
                            X