Front end work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front end work

Well talked to my tire guy and front tires will be swapped out Monday at his expense since he put to big of tire on it before the HRPT! Ordered new tie rods and adjustable sleeves for the front end to. Both sides the stock sleeves are loose and tighting didn't help any. Ordered new ones from Summit along with tie rods for both sides.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

I'm going to carry mine to the alignment shop first of next week. It is way out thanks to all those lovely roads in Indiana.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Great news on the tires!
      Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
      74 Nova Project
      66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
      79 Chevy Truck Project
      1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Yea the roads up there sucked and the front of the truck took it pretty hard. I guess it was time for a rebuild anyway. Tires are going to be put on first then realigned next week also I hope.

On another not

Comment

Good to hear the tire guy is working with you on replacement and good opportunity to get some replacement parts on the front end.
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Yea Jason is a good guy to deal with. He had no problem with it at all after seeing the fender's. I may even buy new shocks for up front to.

Comment

That's great news! They sure made a hell of a lot of noise over them Knoxville bumps!!! ;)
              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I got the front end fixed today. Taking it Wenesday to have it aligned. New tie rods and adjustment sleeves. Shocks and mounts are are on order.

Comment

did the smaller tires put a little rake on the truck? hope it didn't drop the nose too much!
                  Patrick & Tammy
                  - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Silver bullet This was the size tires on it to begin with. Jason put a bigger tire than what I had asked for on his own. He thought it would be a nicer ride. It rode fine just to much scrubbing on deeps in the road. Today one tire and wheel needed no weights at all on them! The other side only needed 25 oz of weight so they are nice and true. The truck drives a lot better now. I put the tie rods back together as close as I could to the old ones. 17" on the drivers side and 17 1/4" on the passenger side. It should be very close. Will find out Wensday.

Comment

glad to hear that things are working out Andy!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I got the front alignment done this morning and it was only 1/4" out of toe. It was better than I had thought. Still waiting on the shock mounts and shocks though.

Comment

Got the front shock mounts but no shocks yet. I have to figure out how the heck I'm going to mount the mounts now. I have to drill 3 3/8" holes in the top of the frame rail to mount them.

Comment

Working...
                          X