No announcement yet.

Approx cost to run power tour???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the 2012 HRPT we spent $1189 gas and hotel/motels. $69 highest paid for hotel. Gas was from $3.55 to $3.25 a gallon.
    Denver to Detroit to Dallas to Denver 4500+ miles. 20 MPG for gas and 256 miles per quart for oil, 27quarts LOL.
    1962 Rambler Cross Country SW as seen in avatar.
    It can be done cheap if you don't stay at the suggested hotels and arrange accommodations close to the venues.
    Our furthest motel was about 10 miles from a venue and about 2 miles from the official route.

Nick

Comment

2700 miles all free
      just slid this little plastic thingy in the pump and it gave me gas...
      plastic thingy worked for food and motels too

HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ogre View Post
        2700 miles all free
        just slid this little plastic thingy in the pump and it gave me gas...
        plastic thingy worked for food and motels too

Can we borrow your little plastic thingy next year. Mine seems to be broken.
        1964 Chevelle
        Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
        LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by PT Sportwagon View Post
          $183 for state of Ohio. How fast???? Now I just need to figure out the wagons MPG. It would be best to do combined city/hwy. Tim
          81 in a 55. To be honest I didn't know how fast I was going nor what the limit was. To be honest I think he caught me on deceleration from passing a truck and if so thank god he didn't catch me when I peaked.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I know with Pugsley I get 30-31 MPG, So I would have to figure new or old???

Tim
            '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
            '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
            2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

Well if you stay with someone in the motels it's cheap. Dave and I stayed together the whole week, thanks Big Dave he booked everything so my week long trip was farely cheap. I spent less than $2000 on the whole trip. Granted I don't drink beer so that was not a issue but I did have tequila I bought and some Margrita mix at the motels. 7 shirts $120.00 to get my free jacket as well. $75.00 was for the Go Pro go art racing. Didn't eat at the best places but not the McD's either. First 2 nights super was free at the starting line parties of Lars and Randy big thanks to them as well. That was the best eating all week by far for me! All in all you can do it cheap as you want are as expensive as you want. 2013 it cost me a little over $2200.00 and I shared rooms that year to. The motels where the biggest expensence that year staying at the host hotels, Hiltons and such. Staying at a Hilton for a few hrs a night ant worth the cost to me. As long as the motel is clean I'm good. I beat I spent more on ICE than I did on food just about keeping drinks cold all week. I took 3- 6 packs of drinks and a case of water and when I got home I had one each left. I drank a bunch of water. I drove a little over 3300 miles and avg 17.MPG with the truck.
              Last edited by Andy4639; June 27, 2014, 03:51 AM.
              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

We spent $2400 going, coming home, food hotels etc. That doesn't cover the $9600 in damage from the deer we hit. Car is in the body shop with unknown eta.

Comment

That does suck sbubba,In 06 we totaled our 66 elcy and continued in my Z71 from Mt Airy to Englishtown NJ.I feel for you,but hopefully insurance and time will heal the wounds.Hang in there bubba.
                  Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Approx cost to run power tour???

Cost is irrelevant,
                    Memories = Priceless...
                    :-)

Comment

Granted we exceeded the tour by a bunch just getting there and back (21 days all in) but all told was $2,100 hotels, $2,500 in fuel, $1,400 in food & drink as we did the hotel breakfast every day possible, and I'm just guessing here as I did not keep track but I'm going to say $400 in misc (t-shirts, souvenirs, etc) after all the trunk was already full so we really didn't purchase much.
                      Last edited by ColinV; July 1, 2014, 12:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to add drink! Gotta add drink!
                      Fabricator's Motto: Cut to fit, Beat into place.
                      Quando omni flunkus moritati
                      HRPT Long Hauler 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X