OHC Pontiac on Power Tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OHC Pontiac on Power Tour

On the OHC board I'm on someone posted this picture asking if anyone knew any details. You guys are the tour experts, any one know the story on this car?

Escaped on a technicality.

I hadn't seen it Randall -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

I happen to park next to the young guy who built the rod when we were in Charleston, WV. I believe his name was Darren from Iowa and he built it in his parents garage from parts he had lying around. Very nice guy and a very cool build. He had an entire book of pictures on the process. I do not have his contact info however. Hope that helps. George
      Last edited by cletus3; June 30, 2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

The body was a 27 Dodge Brothers. The motor is a Pontiac OHC six, with a four speed behind it. He said that the motor was pretty stock, it had a little overbore to clean the block up. The radiator is in the back. He never seemed to be running hot. He said every time he followed the Starsky and Hutch Torino that his carb sucked in the Ford's rich exhaust and it got better mpg!
        HRPT Long Haul 2013, 2014

Comment

Yeah, that car and the Torino (which sounded awesome) also ran with a nice '61 (?) Chevy Parkwood wagon and a SC/Rambler wagon tribute. I spent a lot of time with the Iowa gang in convoy and I can tell you that '27 looked like it drove way better than it ought to have.
          2003 Marauder (HRPT 2014, 2018)
          1962 C-10 (2019 HRPT - now sold)
          1991 Country Squire (2023 HRPT?)

Comment

Working...
          X