is there going to be a 2015 PT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there going to be a 2015 PT

Starting to wonder if its going to happen are not. Is anyone else thinking this?
    Grizzly Adams is my hero.

I'm sure it will happen probity considering some changes on venues based on the survey results. I would think getting venues signed on is a big job. Once the venues are known planning the route is easy. I've heard that Family Events will no longer be involved so either HR has hared someone else to plan or they maybe doing it in-house. In any event we should be seeing something by January so people can start making plans and reservations. But that's my speculation on this matter. Maybe Brain or Chad can get some "inside" information out of HR.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Something needs to be in the works for by December so I can block out vacation days for it...............
      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
        Something needs to be in the works for by December so I can block out vacation days for it...............
        Hey Dwayne, ain't it always the first full week in June? More specifically, I think "day one" is always the first Saturday of June. Go a head and put in for the time off and tell 'em I said it was approved.
        Last edited by papasmurf587; October 2, 2014, 05:26 PM.
        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Usually starts the first Saturday after Memorial Day weekend
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I would prefer something official before I go begging for time off. Besides, without knowing where it starts or where it ends you don't know how much time you need off.
            1964 Chevelle
            Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
            LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

They said in last month's Hot Rod mag that it will start in Wisconsin.
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                Usually starts the first Saturday after Memorial Day weekend
                No I believe it usually is the first full weekend in June. It was two weekends after memorial day this year. Believe that it was that way in 09. I would suspect it starts on June 6th, 2 weekends after memorial day. It might have fallen the weekend after memorial day before but that was the way the holiday fell. Heard from a source that they might move it a week later to get more families involved because some schools get out later and that has held back some people on the past do graduations and wanting to bring thirst kids, and maybe teachers who want to go (like my wife).
                Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

I am 99.9% sure the 6th of June is the start date I called the resort that it ended at in the Dells and they confirmed that it was booked again for that weekend next year. That is unless those plans went out the window when Family Events exited the picture I scheduled June 5th till the 12th off already. I am looking forward to 2015 as the wife wants and can go next year, this will be her second long haul.
                  Rich -DFW area 1999 2000 HRPT Participent 2001 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2012 2013 2014 2015 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

I would start looking for info on HRPT 2015 after the SEMA show the first week in Nov.

Comment

Went to Hot Rod website today and it's now called Hot Rod Network. Also could not find a single reference to Power Tour anywhere on there. What do you think that mean

Comment

It means they don't have it all put together yet.

Comment

Originally posted by wrrn73 View Post
                          It means they don't have it all put together yet.
                          Yeah I can see them all huddled around the water pipe working on logistics.

Comment

There were no links to previous PT's either........it just seems strange to me

Comment

I think I will not be making the Power Tour this year. My daughter is graduating in June so will be using time off for that. But instead of the power tour I think I might do the Spring Blooms tour in the end of April and hang out all week in that area and hit the Cruising the Smokies event the following weekend. So you all please post lots of Pictures from the Power Tower for me as i will hate missing the PT after doing five of them now.

Comment

Working...
                              X