Opinion wanted for pinstriping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion wanted for pinstriping

Okay guys, you know that "Sassy" the El Camino has recently received her new paint job! I plan on getting some custom old-school style striping done on the hood and tailgate, but am having a hard time deciding what color to go with. Am thinking maybe lime green and hot pink. Comments?! Opinions?! I want people to think, "That's a girl's car" but don't want to be silly with it!!!!
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

You need contrast ... one lighter color and one darker. I like pink and purple, which both go with each other and "Terri-cloth" !

Comment

We got one of the best stripers in the country..........Mr. C
      Most guys will get his input as what will be the best vibe.

You might check your striper what their thoughts are.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Steve, I think purple might be a bit much!!! Monk, I've talked to the guy who will be doing the striping, but he hasn't seen the new paint yet. Will definitely ask for and consider his input!!
        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Yellow? Dunno, I'll have to stand beside Sassy again and imagine it.....photos are no justice.
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Orange and dark blue with a fine black shadow on the orange. Just my two cents worth. Depends on the design you use.

Can't log on as BLUE STREAK... DON'T KNOW WHATS WRONG
            Last edited by WICKED WAGON; October 8, 2014, 12:52 PM. Reason: log on
            BLUE STREAK

Comment

Wait till you see her this weekend and then see if you still pick the same colors. Like pdub said, the pics don't do justice to the color. Also, I know what a fan you are of orange stripes!

Will bring a pic of the stripe designs I'm thinking of using.
              Last edited by elcaminogirl59; October 8, 2014, 03:05 PM.

Comment

He should have all sorts of colored tape, lay them out and pick your favorite.......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                1966 Plymouth Fury III
                2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Black with orange shadow......
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Not going to be able make it this weekend. Just have too many family obligations to attend to. So sorry... There's always spring.....
                    PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                    1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                      Steve, I think purple might be a bit much!!! Monk, I've talked to the guy who will be doing the striping, but he hasn't seen the new paint yet. Will definitely ask for and consider his input!!
                      Orange and dark blue with a fine black shadow on the orange. Just my two cents worth. Depends on the design you use.Blue Streak

Terri,
                      When we used to get our rigs striped, we built a forest green and white shop truck, our striper told us to use light mint green and tangerine orange... we thought he was nuts! turned out to be one of his best jobs ever! I think Blue Streak is on to something though...lime green and hot pink honestly won't give enough contrast...JMHO
                      Last edited by silver_bullet; October 9, 2014, 04:40 PM.
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Striped yet?
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Comment

Like was already pointed out earlier....cruising around on the little Colors tour....looking ahead or looking in the mirror.....whose car is THAT? It's that big of a wonderful difference. That paint job is stunning, the change in character of Sassy the Elky.

I'll go out on a limb, after seeing it on two different weekends....I wouldn't stripe it at all. I'd leave it alone. the paint is beautiful.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                              I'd leave it alone.
                              You obviously require some much needed BangShifter "enabling" training .... what's that matter with you ?

Comment

Working...
                              X