Fall has fell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
    Terri....are you and Vic going to the Turkey Run in Daytona? Kathy and I are, we'll be there Fri. and Sat. and come back to NC Sunday 'bout noon. Couple inches Sat. morn @ our house. Makes Daytona sound even better.
    Steve and I will also be there Wednesday through Saturday! Maybe we can all get together if several of us are there.

Comment

Don't know yet, we haven't really talked about it. Would like to, if we can manage it. Will keep you guys posted! Snow sux!!!
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Oh no, snow this early in the south. Not a good sign. We'll be in Daytona from Thursday and head back to reality on Sunday morning. We are going to tow the VW bus down. I don't feel like roadside repairs.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

I looked but did not find a Turkey Run thread.....Maybe we could get a list of who's going and hook up in Daytona. If there is a list, put John and Kathy on it.

We probably shouldn't hi-jack Terri's "Fall has Fell" thread.
          Last edited by papasmurf587; November 5, 2014, 06:29 PM.
          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Don't mind being hijacked!!
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

The November full moon is something else. Big and golden when it's low on the horizon, and ice-white when it's overhead. Flew over Tampa at 43,000' last night, and we could see that big old moon reflecting in the Atlantic on the other side of the peninsula.............one of the reasons I love to fly, I see some really incredible things.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Ed, I truly appreciate the fact that you enjoy flying, and that's how you make a living, BUT: my motto is: If I had been meant to fly, I would have been born with feathers on my butt!! However, I bet that moon is truly a beautiful sight!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                  ... If I had been meant to fly, I would have been born with feathers on my butt!!...
                  So if you had feathers on your butt - could one still see the moon?

Comment

Possibly and you would be in great demand for housekeeping too.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      So if you had feathers on your butt - could one still see the moon?
                      Not from November until March.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                        Possibly and you would be in great demand for housekeeping too.
                        You are funny!
                        Donna
                        Williamston, MI
                        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

Feels more like winter than fall!
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            The November full moon is something else. Big and golden when it's low on the horizon, and ice-white when it's overhead. Flew over Tampa at 43,000' last night, and we could see that big old moon reflecting in the Atlantic on the other side of the peninsula.............one of the reasons I love to fly, I see some really incredible things.
                            I agree Ed. A couple of my favorites were flying above & following the route of the Nile River out of the middle east one morning & flying across the Pacific on a moonlit night. Until we lost a generator that is. Didn't especially want to have to ditch under those circumstances.
                            Last edited by 67 Malibu; November 10, 2014, 08:48 PM.
                            ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                            X