Turkey Rod Run 2014 - Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turkey Rod Run 2014 - Daytona

So I think someone mentioned we should start a new thread and not hijack an unnamed thread...................

Anyhow...........here's a list of those I think are going to the Rod Run. Post up when you're going to be there and maybe we can all meet up.......

Diane and Steve - Wednesday evening through Saturday afternoon!
    Kathy and John - Friday afternoon through Sunday
    Damon and Family - Thursday-Sunday
    59brook (sorry I don't know your name
    Rett and Donna - Friday-Sunday
    Bruce - ?

I am going to propose Saturday morning breakfast early. There's a nice place on the water, Pat's Riverfront Café in Port Orange. She's a gearhead and former drag racer. Would a 7:30 or 8AM breakfast work? If anyone else has other ideas, we can consider those. With all the different arrival and departure time, I think it would need to be Friday evening, Saturday morning or Saturday lunch. Please post up your preference of meet ups days and times and locations. I just fear with Black Friday that lots of places will be busy on Friday that are close to the event.
    Last edited by dianeokie; November 8, 2014, 08:47 PM.

I've been every year since I was three(28 now), but with my son due to make his appearance in this world on 30th, looks like I'm out this year!
    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by dianeokie View Post
      So I think someone mentioned we should start a new thread and not hijack an unnamed thread...................

Anyhow...........here's a list of those I think are going to the Rod Run. Post up when you're going to be there and maybe we can all meet up.......

Diane and Steve - Wednesday evening through Saturday afternoon!
      Kathy and John -
      Damon and ?
      Kathy and I will be in Daytona Friday mid afternoon and leaving Daytona Sunday mid afternoon.
      John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
      Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post
        I've been every year since I was three(28 now), but with my son due to make his appearance in this world on 30th, looks like I'm out this year!
        Maybe he'll be a couple days early and he can start his tradition in 2014.
        John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
        Western North Carolina

Comment

Damon and Family will be there Thursday mid afternoon and leave Sunday morning. We are taking the ugly duckling this year. '71 VW Westfalia van. White on rust. You can't miss it. It's performace numbers are displayed on the license plate.
          Visit my sons blog:
          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post

Maybe he'll be a couple days early and he can start his tradition in 2014.

I've been telling the wife how awesome of a life story it would be to say you were born at the infield care center of Daytona International Speedway but I'm not having much luck selling the idea!!
            2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

how about on the sands of daytona beach ? i'll be there probably in my new toy a 2005 dodge magnum r/t as the wagon is still in the bodyshop getting repaired

Comment

My wife and I will be there and we are going up Friday morning and leave Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Plaza Resort and Spa right on the beach. Coming with another couple. I have a car registered, but won't bring it and tell them car wasn't ready and collect my credentials to get in the gate for 4 people for the 4 days.. Much cheaper then paying $15 each per day..
                So count on Rett and Donna to be there..
                Last edited by street72; November 7, 2014, 09:46 AM.
                I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by street72 View Post
                  My wife and I will be there and we are going up Friday morning and leave Sunday afternoon. Staying at the Plaza Resort and Spa right on the beach. Coming with another couple. I have a car registered, but won't bring it and tell them car wasn't ready and collect my credentials to get in the gate for 4 people for the 4 days.. Much cheaper then paying $15 each per day..
                  So count on Rett and Donna to be there..
                  That will be great! I am trying to keep the first post updated with info..............please let me know what I need to change and maybe we can arrange a meet up

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_4 View Post

I've been telling the wife how awesome of a life story it would be to say you were born at the infield care center of Daytona International Speedway but I'm not having much luck selling the idea!!

Well, you know how to get him here earlier right? Get busy.
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Hey guys! Bruce (Cobra) can't post for some reason. He sent me an email and said he will be at Turkey Run on Friday and Saturday, Row 31, about halfway down the row, probably with beer in the cooler. Stop and say hi!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Mmmm .... his account is "Active" and I saw his Last Activity was November 7th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
                        Not sure what's the matter.

Comment

Same thing I had such problems with, I think. He can log on, and it says you are logged in, but the "post", and other buttons at the bottom don't show up. He said he had no "post" buttons.
                          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                            Same thing I had such problems with, I think. He can log on, and it says you are logged in, but the "post", and other buttons at the bottom don't show up. He said he had no "post" buttons.
                            That happens to me when I'm logged in to Bangshift with 2 devices.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                              He said he had no "post" buttons.
                              I had the same problem, it required surgery....it's OK now.

John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                              Western North Carolina

Comment

Working...
                              X