New Ride & PT Credentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ride & PT Credentials

Hi folks. Couple of changes here at the Impala Stables. I have picked up an extra passenger this year, and therefore a new vehicle for the tour. We will have three of us traveling together. Myself, my god-son Phillip, and his adopted brother, Skyer. First; is there anyone in the Forum Freaks Land that will have an extra credential they will donate and/or split the cost of an additional registration. I can't arrive at the Long Haul awards and draw straws to see who waits in the parking lot.
    Second; we will need more room than my Imp has so another new addition to the fleet. Behold, the Surf Wagon.

It's a '65 Chevy Greenbrier van which is based on the Corvair running gear. Air cooled, 110 hp flat six in the back with a 4 speed manual transaxle. Comments are welcome.

Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Re: New Ride & PT Credentials

I might have a extra set of credentials. My buddy is talking about taking his Mustang this year instead of ridding together. I wont know until he makes his decision though. Knowing him I wont have a decision until about June 4th. You are more than welcome to my extra set if he does take his own vehicle.
    1964 Chevelle
    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

Charles - looks like a fun vehicle! Be sure to take a tow strap along so we can pull you up any hills that might be on the route ;D

Comment

I really like that junk Charles - didn't realize they were still cranking them out in '65 - must be somewhat rare.

If I don't have a wingman at the end of the tour (50% chance at this point), the credentials are yours.
        a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

i like it. ;)
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Nice, but riding backwards in those seats would kill me.
            It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Sweet lookin' van.
              8)

Comment

Very nice Charles!!! :D Wish we could see it in person. :-[

Linda 8)

Comment

Originally posted by 1cheapstreet
                  Very nice Charles!!! :D Wish we could see it in person. :-[

Linda 8)
                  I agree with cheaps. Keep wishing cheaps and the rest of us will keep you & Ken in our thoughts so that you may get a break and get your wish.
                  Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
                    Hi folks. Couple of changes here at the Impala Stables.....Behold, the Surf Wagon......

....... '65 Chevy Greenbrier van which is based on the Corvair running gear. Air cooled, 110 hp flat six in the back with a 4 speed manual transaxle. Comments are welcome.
                    Charles, keep the spirit of "Impala" within the Greenbrier with a 2007 Impala SS LS4 'n transaxle transplant :o
                    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

You going to get the "Calvin whizzing on Nader" decal? ;D
                      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

looking at it again.....i still like it ;D
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Thanks ya'll for your kind works. Tom & Dan, I'll be PMing you for contact info a little closer to the start of tour. The van has very "unusual" handling dynamics. The axle is behind you, the cab pitches side to side, and no seat belts. Nader may have been onto something. I don't think I'll be doing the auto-cross with it. I have seen these vans run auto-cross at Corvair events on three wheels (inside rear wheel in the air in tight corners) but I'm not that brave (yet).
                          Non-denominational car nut.
                          Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
                          Do you go all the way?

Comment

Working...
                          X