Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spoke with the lady from TravelPlanners. Seemed very nice and said I'm now on the email list of "first to know" folks. However, I see above the information is already out for several cities. This will be my first tour, looking forward to it.

Comment

I like this last rumor, love St Louis, always wanted to go to Memphis, its not a bad ride home from Louisiana.
      2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Looks like I will probably stay at home if this is true for the Milwaukee stop (1 hour drive from house). Would be willing to do a start line party also. There is a large VA hospital nearby right next to the Great Lakes Navel Base (boot camp base), maybe we could use that for the Friday Show?
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
          Looks like I will probably stay at home if this is true for the Milwaukee stop (1 hour drive from house). Would be willing to do a start line party also. There is a large VA hospital nearby right next to the Great Lakes Navel Base (boot camp base), maybe we could use that for the Friday Show?
          Starting line party! Oh boy I like those.
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I'm liking this, if correct. Won't be able to stay at home, but close enough to home for the start to make it cheaper.
            Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

What happened to Wisconsin Dells then...?
              Jim T
              Supercar Collectibles
              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

my guess about not starting in the Dells would be.....a) difficulties in getting in and out of the Chula Vista property; b) their willingness to pony up the monies to get the tour; c) if it does start in Milwaukee (Miller Park, we've been there before), great space there.......now, do I know what I'm talking about,.......no! (by the way, the Brewers are out of town that weekend in June; and come to think, they have the Wisconsin state fairgrounds and their lakefront properties that they use for their summerfest).............. rexx!
                Last edited by rexdogg; November 26, 2014, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Would the Milwaukee Mile Speedway be and option
                  Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                  The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    That would be cool!
                    2013- Murphy, NC Road Side Fan Between Chattanooga & Charlotte 2014- Charlotte-Knoxville-Charleston: 2013 Ford Mustang GT

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                      Yes. That is part of the State Fair Park.
                      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Looking at the current "wish list" list of probably locations, it seems that Memphis is really only a one day drive to Baton Rouge, so where do you suppose they would direct our travels for 2 more stops & then still end in Baton Rouge?
                        '86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                        '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                        79 Trans Am project
                        ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

If they go eastward it could be Birmingham to Mobile then to Baton Rouge.....if they go westward it could be Little Rock but I dont see a good venue with a decent drive to Baton Rouge.............
                          Last edited by 383S-10; November 29, 2014, 05:52 PM.
                          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                            If they go eastward it could be Birmingham to Mobile then to Baton Rouge.....if they go westward it could be Little Rock but I dont see a good venue with a decent drive to Baton Rouge.............
                            I was looking around on google maps and kinda figured the same basic thing. If they go East, it follows along the 2010 tour route... Memphis to Birmingham, Birmingham(Hoover) to Mobile/Pensacola, then on to Baton Rouge. If they go West, it's the reverse of 2013 tour... Memphis to Little Rock, to Texarkana, then down to Baton Rouge. Either of those routes gives them venues that the've used before, so they can pretty much plan either way.

'86 Monte SS (sold) ~ HRPT 2015, '17, '18 ~ Long Hauler
                            '73 Dodge Coronet Wagon ~ ‘19 Long Hauler
                            79 Trans Am project
                            ’90 Chevy 454 SS

Comment

Originally posted by Redline04 View Post

I was looking around on google maps and kinda figured the same basic thing. If they go East, it follows along the 2010 tour route... Memphis to Birmingham, Birmingham(Hoover) to Mobile/Pensacola, then on to Baton Rouge. If they go West, it's the reverse of 2013 tour... Memphis to Little Rock, to Texarkana, then down to Baton Rouge. Either of those routes gives them venues that the've used before, so they can pretty much plan either way.
                              Yeah me to.....but the Texarkana to Baton Rouge is 323 miles for the last day drive.....thats a lot for the last day.......maybe Shreveport instead of Texarkana..............
                              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

We just went through Birmingham, Memphis, Little Rock, Mobile and Texarkana in the last few PT. I would hope they get a little more creative but I also understand that they need locations that want us and have the space to handle this event. Bottom line we'll just have to wait and see the route when it comes out.
                                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Working...
                                X