Power Tour parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tour parties

Ok, now that we know the route, someone needs to volunteer to host the parties. I nominate Big Dave for the Finish Line Party, since he lives near Baton Rouge. Anybody live in or near Madison, WI, who would be willing to host the Starting Line Party? Also, who is in charge of the Veteran's Visit this year?
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

What about a party at a local volunteer fire dept near the start? Convince them to host it, handle food and make some money.

Comment

I am willing on hosting a party, (Terry and Vic came for one last year) however i am 2 hours from Madison, WI. We could hold the VA show here at the local VA Hospital and Great Lakes Navel Base that are next to each other, and then from there Party at my house, and all shoot up to Madison together on Saturday Morning?

Or

We could all head down here on Saturday Night and then catch the route on Sunday morning.

I am in Round Lake, IL and my house is open to either of these ideas if there is enough interest, I have plenty of couches, beds, air mattresses, and floor space for who ever wants to stay too.

There are hotels within 15 minutes of the house, and Great Lakes Navel Base/VA Hospital is about 20 minutes from my house too.

Here is a map of where round lake is compared to Madison, Champaign, Chicago, Milwaukee. We don't have the Downtown Chicago Traffic.

Last edited by GTPilot88; December 10, 2014, 02:39 PM.
      Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Working on it Terri....details to follow.
        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
          I'll help you out Dave with anything you need for this. Just LMK!
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I'll bet we go through here again......just southeast of Madison..........

Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 10, 2014, 06:52 PM.
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
              Go through there every time I go to our from Madison, Rt 12 is the road runs straight to my house almost. Was my first small-town on power tour and what hooked me was the free donuts they were giving out
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post

Dang, Mike....I didn't realize you we're so tall, no wonder you have a convert.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Originally posted by htrdharley View Post
                  What about a party at a local volunteer fire dept near the start? Convince them to host it, handle food and make some money.
                  Is a great idea, Lars. But we need someone in the area to find a fire dept. and talk to them.
                  Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
                    Dave, we would all be willing to pitch in and help. If you can find a venue and provide a grill or something, we could all bring something. And surely you could find someone to bring some jambalaya, gumbo, and mud-bugs!!!!!! And don't forget the boudin!
                    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; December 10, 2014, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Noticed on another thread that the only veteran's home in Madison has very limited parking. Would anybody be interested in doing the vet's visit at the end of the tour instead of the beginning? Maybe we could find out if there is one near the venue in LA.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post
                        Go through there every time I go to our from Madison, Rt 12 is the road runs straight to my house almost. Was my first small-town on power tour and what hooked me was the free donuts they were giving out
                        I've been there a couple of times, went through there last year. Matt Kenseth (NASCAR driver) is from there and has a museum in town!

Comment

In 2012 we did a fund raiser for the local VFW @ the Quaker Steak & Lube in Middleton since the VA lacks parking & there isn't another VA facility close enough to make it possible.
                          Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

That's the year we missed because of Vic's accident. Might be a possibility for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                              Noticed on another thread that the only veteran's home in Madison has very limited parking. Would anybody be interested in doing the vet's visit at the end of the tour instead of the beginning? Maybe we could find out if there is one near the venue in LA.
                              That would be tough to do Teri. Everyone is usually in a hurry to hit the road & head home after the long hauler event.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Working...
                              X