No announcement yet.

2015 HRPT Unofficial Hotel List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we go to Cruisn' the Coast, and stay for seven nights, we stay at the Best Western Cypress Inn or the Comfort Suites at I-10 & highway 609 north of Ocean Springs. due to the inflated prices of the hotels on Beach Blvd. My answer to your question is "NO". Traffic is not bad down there, except between I-10 and Beach Blvd, on highway 49, which has a lot of traffic lights.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
      So, my question is, "is it worth the additional cost to stay on the Beach?".........
      No, beach @ Biloxi is nothing to get excited about. The good beaches run from Orange Bch., Ala to Panama City Beach., Fla.
      LH '06, '07, '09, '14, '16, '17, '22 & '23 - SH '05, '08, '10, '11, '15 & '18

Comment

Hey Ed-
        I need to spend time this weekend looking at the hotels. New Orleans is a requirement this year per Mel, so I need to figure out hotel arrangements. Preferences for me dictate seeing the city but I don't want to stop there for the night but not sure on the route yet.

Phil, let me know when you are planning on heading out. I'd like to try to convoy with you this year at least on the way out.

Also, I am sending out an APB for a TKO500 5 speed. My top loader needs to be swapped and I'm going to start looking for a 5 speed. I'll need to swap input shafts to back it behind my 351C, but just need some help if anyone out there knows of one for sale reasonable.

Andrew
        Andrew
        1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
        2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
          Thanks Phil ... one of my jobs is to be very careful with how we use the term; "Official".
          I tried to delete the post too but it's locked -

No worries, I'll get it ~ WM
          Last edited by Monster; December 12, 2014, 12:33 PM.
          Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
            No, beach @ Biloxi is nothing to get excited about. The good beaches run from Orange Bch., Ala to Panama City Beach., Fla.
            Beaches in Biloxi are as nice, lots of white sand and wide, not as much wave action as in Florida due to barrier islands. I do stay on the beach for Crus'in the Coast and will probity stay there for PT. but I'm not a beach person...hate sand !
            Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
            The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
              When we go to Cruisn' the Coast, and stay for seven nights, we stay at the Best Western Cypress Inn or the Comfort Suites at I-10 & highway 609 north of Ocean Springs. due to the inflated prices of the hotels on Beach Blvd. My answer to your question is "NO". Traffic is not bad down there, except between I-10 and Beach Blvd, on highway 49, which has a lot of traffic lights.
              OK, thanks guys.

Just let me know Andrew, I'll add your info.

Let's see.........can I call you a Bang Shift Official, Steve?? J/K.........hahahahahaaaaaaaa..............
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post

Beaches in Biloxi are as nice, lots of white sand and wide, not as much wave action as in Florida due to barrier islands. I do stay on the beach for Crus'in the Coast and will probity stay there for PT. but I'm not a beach person...hate sand !

two things, for a land-locked guy from Nebraska, I'm interested in jamming my feet in coastal waters for a change.
                As far as wave action, which hotels had water beds?
                ah...yeah...I had to with that comment.
                Andrew
                1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by george1861 View Post
                  I meant to tell you that you live on the nicest beach on the planet IMHO..........
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                    re-post as I posted in da wrong place I guess - Registered and hotels done - Comfort Inn Madison, Wi. - Downtown Sleep Inn – Urbana, IL. Comfort Inn – Collinsville, IL. Comfort Suites – Olive Branch, MS. (south of Memphis) Quality Inn – Pelham, AL. Quality Inn – Biloxi Beach, MS. Comfort Suite – Gonzales, LA.
                    BOOKED! Nice pick Phil guess me and the boys will be your shadow except for Biloxi, they didn't have what I needed. email on the way Ed.
                    Last edited by corvettedad; December 12, 2014, 07:25 PM.
                    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Originally posted by corvettedad View Post
                      BOOKED! Nice pick Phil guess me and the boys will be your shadow except for Biloxi, they didn't have what I needed. email on the way Ed.
                      Sounds good Perry - looking forward to it. Andrew - I will likely leave Thursday morning for MadTown.
                      Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by Eliteman76 View Post

two things, for a land-locked guy from Nebraska, I'm interested in jamming my feet in coastal waters for a change.
                        As far as wave action, which hotels had water beds?
                        ah...yeah...I had to with that comment.
                        Heck Andrew, Laura & I have our own waterbed & we are right here in Nebraska. And as far as "wave action" goes, well, we are still on our honeymoon..................
                        Last edited by 67 Malibu; December 13, 2014, 10:52 AM.
                        ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Sounds good Perry - looking forward to it. Andrew - I will likely leave Thursday morning for MadTown.

what day are you planning on getting into Madtown (Friday, or late Thursday)?..... rexx!
                          Last edited by rexdogg; December 13, 2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Phil sent you a pm
                            Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
                              I know, right? When they promoted me to Super Moderator, they doubled my salary !
                              Nice raise Steve.....
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by 66Fury3; December 14, 2014, 06:38 AM.

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                              1966 Plymouth Fury III
                              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by rexdogg View Post

what day are you planning on getting into Madtown (Friday, or late Thursday)?..... rexx!
                                Thursday - see ya there - It's only about 7 hrs. from here I think based on 2009 same run.
                                Last edited by 70chevyC-10; December 14, 2014, 07:07 AM.
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X