X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    When we go to Cruisn' the Coast, and stay for seven nights, we stay at the Best Western Cypress Inn or the Comfort Suites at I-10 & highway 609 north of Ocean Springs. due to the inflated prices of the hotels on Beach Blvd. My answer to your question is "NO". Traffic is not bad down there, except between I-10 and Beach Blvd, on highway 49, which has a lot of traffic lights.
    OK, thanks guys.

Just let me know Andrew, I'll add your info.

Let's see.........can I call you a Bang Shift Official, Steve?? J/K.........hahahahahaaaaaaaa..............

Leave a comment:

• Big Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by george1861 View Post
    No, beach @ Biloxi is nothing to get excited about. The good beaches run from Orange Bch., Ala to Panama City Beach., Fla.
    Beaches in Biloxi are as nice, lots of white sand and wide, not as much wave action as in Florida due to barrier islands. I do stay on the beach for Crus'in the Coast and will probity stay there for PT. but I'm not a beach person...hate sand !

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    Originally posted by White Monster View Post
    Thanks Phil ... one of my jobs is to be very careful with how we use the term; "Official".
    I tried to delete the post too but it's locked -

No worries, I'll get it ~ WM
    Last edited by Monster; December 12, 2014, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eliteman76
    replied
    Hey Ed-
    I need to spend time this weekend looking at the hotels. New Orleans is a requirement this year per Mel, so I need to figure out hotel arrangements. Preferences for me dictate seeing the city but I don't want to stop there for the night but not sure on the route yet.

Phil, let me know when you are planning on heading out. I'd like to try to convoy with you this year at least on the way out.

Also, I am sending out an APB for a TKO500 5 speed. My top loader needs to be swapped and I'm going to start looking for a 5 speed. I'll need to swap input shafts to back it behind my 351C, but just need some help if anyone out there knows of one for sale reasonable.

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• george1861
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    So, my question is, "is it worth the additional cost to stay on the Beach?".........
    No, beach @ Biloxi is nothing to get excited about. The good beaches run from Orange Bch., Ala to Panama City Beach., Fla.

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    When we go to Cruisn' the Coast, and stay for seven nights, we stay at the Best Western Cypress Inn or the Comfort Suites at I-10 & highway 609 north of Ocean Springs. due to the inflated prices of the hotels on Beach Blvd. My answer to your question is "NO". Traffic is not bad down there, except between I-10 and Beach Blvd, on highway 49, which has a lot of traffic lights.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by smalblock View Post
    The Gulf Coast Coliseum is booked for a fair on June 11. Downtown Biloxi is my next guess where the venue will be. During Cruisin' the Coast, the Biloxi Block Party is downtown with more cars than the HRPT. All hotels on Highway 90/Beach Blvd. will still be a good area to stay.
    So, my question is, "is it worth the additional cost to stay on the Beach?".........

Leave a comment:

• smalblock
    replied
    The Gulf Coast Coliseum is booked for a fair on June 11. Downtown Biloxi is my next guess where the venue will be. During Cruisin' the Coast, the Biloxi Block Party is downtown with more cars than the HRPT. All hotels on Highway 90/Beach Blvd. will still be a good area to stay.

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Thanks Phil ... one of my jobs is to be very careful with how we use the term; "Official".

Leave a comment:

• 70chevyC-10
    replied
    re-post as I posted in da wrong place I guess -

Registered and hotels done -
    Comfort Inn Madison, Wi. - Downtown
    Sleep Inn – Urbana, IL.
    Comfort Inn – Collinsville, IL.
    Comfort Suites – Olive Branch, MS. (south of Memphis)
    Quality Inn – Pelham, AL.
    Quality Inn – Biloxi Beach, MS.
    Comfort Suite – Gonzales, LA.

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    Originally posted by Redline04 View Post
    Tried to send a PM, but it looks like it went out as a visitor message?? Pls lemme know if it doesn't show up somewhere & I'll try again.
    OK, done deal! Ignore my comment about your email address in the return PM........I didn't see it at first, but sent you the list via email after I discovered it. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Redline04
    replied
    Tried to send a PM, but it looks like it went out as a visitor message?? Pls lemme know if it doesn't show up somewhere & I'll try again.

Leave a comment:

• Beagle
    replied
    Originally posted by White Monster View Post

I know, right?
    When they promoted me to Super Moderator, they doubled my salary !
    now I know why my subscription costs here doubled!

Leave a comment:

• oletrux4evr
    replied
    I used to serve on a board of directors that paid like that............I'll bet it wasn't nearly as much fun though.......

Leave a comment:

• Monster
    replied
    Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
    Glad they pay you so well, Steve.........
    I know, right?
    When they promoted me to Super Moderator, they doubled my salary !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X