Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good idea Dewayne.

Comment

I always carry my redneck creeper(moving blankets). They also make for a good seat padding in a pinch.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Any other advice for a first timer? Taking the whole family and we are going to do the Long Haul.

Comment

Good thing to have.

Get a 3 ring binder and get dividers for each day.

In the front: Have a list of friends phone numbers or other important numbers, like AAA.

For each day, Print out a copy of your Hotel reservation. (maybe write the Day/Date [Thursday/June 11th] in the upper right)

Print out the address & maybe the web page for each venue.

Print out a list of places you might like to visit (car museums,historical sites, etc) or interesting food places.

Maybe print out a general map between venues,

Print out the directions when they come out.

By day 4 you won't remember where you are or what you thought of doing before you left on the tour

This will help

So. Central PA
          Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Vsolo View Post
            Good thing to have.

Get a 3 ring binder and get dividers for each day.

In the front: Have a list of friends phone numbers or other important numbers, like AAA.

For each day, Print out a copy of your Hotel reservation. (maybe write the Day/Date [Thursday/June 11th] in the upper right)

Print out the address & maybe the web page for each venue.

Print out a list of places you might like to visit (car museums,historical sites, etc) or interesting food places.

Maybe print out a general map between venues,

Print out the directions when they come out.

By day 4 you won't remember where you are or what you thought of doing before you left on the tour

This will help

I agree 100%.......also every year Ed usually handles the geriatric enlargement for the driving directions so that you can also place them in daily divided sections of your Power Tour log book....which comes in handy for driving being able to glance down at the large bold type print makes it a whole lot easier to drive safely.........
            Last edited by 383S-10; December 18, 2014, 04:19 AM.
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

One addition: Print out Mapquest directions from the venue to your hotel each night, this will help A LOT at the end of the day when you are dazed and confused and dog-tired!!
              Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
              Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Thanks a lot. That all sounds like great information. Ive always wanted to do this and I've only visited a day when it was close by. Was very surprised when the other half got on board. Also gives an excuse to buy stuff for my car. Is it a good idea to tow a small trailer? Thinking I may run out of trunk space.

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                  ...also every year Ed usually handles the geriatric enlargement for the driving directions .........
                  Small correction - boB - Bluelightning does the directions and phone list while Ed does the hotel list.

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                    One addition: Print out Mapquest directions from the venue to your hotel each night, this will help A LOT at the end of the day when you are dazed and confused and dog-tired!!
                    This is a must for me - I've had GPS take me all over heck and back and again.
                    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post
                      Small correction - boB - Bluelightning does the directions and phone list while Ed does the hotel list.
                      Sorry about that one.......
                      That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by blueovalforever View Post
                        Thanks a lot. That all sounds like great information. Ive always wanted to do this and I've only visited a day when it was close by. Was very surprised when the other half got on board. Also gives an excuse to buy stuff for my car. Is it a good idea to tow a small trailer? Thinking I may run out of trunk space.
                        We tow a small trailer behind our 68 Camaro convertible.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by smalblock View Post
                          We tow a small trailer behind our 68 Camaro convertible.
                          is it a pain to bring a trailer? my car has a pretty good size trunk but with clothes and some extra parts and chairs and such it may sit real low as well.

Comment

Just a little info- I did 13 tours (10 long hauls) in a Pontiac Fiero without a trailer

Comment

Number one rule is make sure you get up with some one anyone who is long hauling and you ride as part of the group. This way you have help if needbe and always some one to follow are lead in the right direction. Oh and a big atlas with big print!
                              Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

If it were just myself I would not worry. I can put a extra set of tires in the trunk even.

Comment

Working...
                                X