No announcement yet.

Power Tour Info for First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about paying the $300 extra still to be told that they have ran out of magnets ...........the $300 kept in pocket covers a lot more things I could think of on the Power Tour ...........
    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I plan on bringing all my extra magnets on the tour this year. I have a ton from last year. I bought my son and myself both a package not thinking wec each got 2 of everything

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
        I got the "GPS" part covered I'm going to follow Andy and Dave around next year... hopefully we don't get lost.... again...

I do rotate them, but I gotta admit... 6-8 hours+ per day in a classic car and you start to smell a little unpleasant...
        You got this part right...you will be following us alright driving that Mustang! J/K you Jess. Heck you may have to lead some. You never know.
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Hello all, new to the forum. I will be heading out to the power tour this next year in my 68 Camaro. These are some good ideas on what to bring and how to set yourself up each day.

Comment

Welcome! Hope we get to meet you on PT this year. Saw a pic of your car on another thread, sweet ride!
            Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
            Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Darn it my quote button broke, Andy's right you never know. The few times we hit interstate last year it was like a high speed game of tag your it!
              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Heck getting lost is part of the fun, last year we saw some really pretty horse country somewhere in Michigan......I think?????
                Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post

You got this part right...you will be following us alright driving that Mustang! J/K you Jess. Heck you may have to lead some. You never know.
                  I might have to if I'm following your lead foot! The poor low geared, non OD 56 F100 that was following us was having a hard time keeping up! Everyone else in our group had OD or high rear end gears. My car has a 2.80 in it.

I have a T5 now, she just cruises @ 75.

Getting lost is not fun in a lowered mustang... we missed a couple turns in TN last year and the only places we could find to turn around were mountain slope driveways... I think I just barely laid rocker... I'm seriously thinking about raising the nose back up 1/2" this year.
                  Last edited by Jesse James 80; December 28, 2014, 10:33 AM.
                  1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                  1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                  1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                    Welcome! Hope we get to meet you on PT this year. Saw a pic of your car on another thread, sweet ride!
                    hope so, I'll try to follow along for the VA visit and maybe the beginning party on friday

Comment

Bump

Comment

Another suggestion: Google each cities' convention and visitor's bureau, for example, "madison wi cvb" and request a free visitor's guide. Most places still do a print version, although some are now downloadable. They usually have street maps of the city, lists of things to do or see, and most importantly, lists of restaurants and bars. That way you can see what's available for food, etc., and most of them have their addresses listed. This comes in really handy in places you've never been.
                        I always put together a notebook with our motel reservations, directions, list of BS phone numbers, visitor's guides from the places we're going, maps of each state we'll be going through if I have them (lots of times you can stop at state welcome centers and get free maps), and anything else I think we might need. It really is handy to have all that stuff in one place!
                        Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                        Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                          Another suggestion: Google each cities' convention and visitor's bureau, for example, "madison wi cvb" and request a free visitor's guide. Most places still do a print version, although some are now downloadable. They usually have street maps of the city, lists of things to do or see, and most importantly, lists of restaurants and bars. That way you can see what's available for food, etc., and most of them have their addresses listed. This comes in really handy in places you've never been.
                          I always put together a notebook with our motel reservations, directions, list of BS phone numbers, visitor's guides from the places we're going, maps of each state we'll be going through if I have them (lots of times you can stop at state welcome centers and get free maps), and anything else I think we might need. It really is handy to have all that stuff in one place!
                          Sounds like you and I do the same thing............I have a notebook with a page divider for each venue

Comment

I try to prepare but I generally end up shooting from the hip and generally end up making some wrong turns, of course not as much now that I'm running with our "crew". But either way its always fun.
                            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

For those on the fence or those that just haven't paid yet, the price jumps ~$20 after Friday:

$80 – Early bird registration online through midnight PST, 1/16/15
                              $99 – Pre-registration online from 1/17/16 through midnight PST 5/23/15, when online registration closes.
                              $125 – Registration on site at Power Tour

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/events/hot-rod...#ixzz3Odk0n6gQ
                              Follow us: @HotRodMagazine on Twitter | HotRodMag on Facebook
                              1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                              1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                              1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
                                For those on the fence or those that just haven't paid yet, the price jumps ~$20 after Friday:
                                This is something you probably should share with the entire group not just the newbees.

Comment

Working...
                                X