Power Tour Info for First Timers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cstmwgn View Post

Have you been drinking Arrowhead? I admit I am sure a few folks enjoy watching my stupidity but I am hopeful that it isn't MOST of you'all.
    yes to both your questions
    a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• Sweet thanks guys! I kind of figured that was the way the tour worked, just wanted to make sure so I could get the hotel rooms booked correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by tcbnj View Post

yes to both your questions
        You both make me smile, that is a very good thing, I am doing the tour to see both of you!!

Donna
        Williamston, MI
        Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post

You both make me smile, that is a very good thing, I am doing the tour to see both of you!!
          Looking forward to seeing you and hanging out telling stories in the parking lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by redragtop View Post
            Donna for the win!! June can't get here soon enough
            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Looking forward to seeing you and hanging out telling stories in the parking lot.
              Telling stories........could be interpreted sooo many ways!

Comment

• Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I've finished registering and booking all the hotels for this 2015 tour. I'm going for the Long Hauler title on my first run with my 2014 Race Red Track Pack Mustang GT. I come from a '92 Vert 5.0 GT with the T-5 over the summer but wanted the new Coyote too badly. I'm 25 and moved up to Durham, NC after graduating college to work at Duke University Hospital. Hopefully I can meet some local enthusiasts to buddy up with over the tour!

I'll be bringing my Father along for the trip as long as work gives him the OK. Figured it was only fitting since he's the one who got me wrapped up in cars and motorcycles.

I'll either be coming out of Durham or Charleston, SC just depends on my pops.

Look forward to meeting you guys and finally investing myself in getting a bad street machine set up. Did someone say Vortech?
                Last edited by Mounty50; February 16, 2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Dick g
                  Dick g commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Venue finally been decided by HRPT. For 6/11 it is Gulfport MS. at Centennial Plaza.

• Monster
                  Monster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep ...

"Dear Registered Participant,
                  First and foremost, THANK YOU all for your patience in regards to Hot Rod Power Tour’s Stop #6 on June 11th. We are pleased to inform you that the tour will be at Centennial Plaza in Gulfport, MS, on that day. Quite a few of you did surmise it would be in that neck of the woods. Good guessing!"

• blznnp
                  blznnp commented
                  Editing a comment
                  welcome, I'm new to the forum and also running the power tour for the first time this year. Driving out there with my old neighbor and then picking up my buddy in Madison. Next time I do the power tour though I want to take my dad since he helped me get into cars.

• Hello all you H.R.P.T. Veterans and Newcomers (like myself),
                This will be my first H.R.P.T. but not my ride. The 37' Olds was on it last year by the previous owner (my autobody guy).
                So that makes me the virgin and not the car.

I signed up last month and had rooms all booked except for Gulfport, Ms. and did that yesterday.
                Looking forward to Gulf Coast and hoping my sis can bounce over from Ft. Walton Beach to
                take it all in. So many great ideas on what to take and what to expect. Expect the unexpected...!!!
                Never would of thought of a 4' 2x4 that one made me smile... I'll have the C.W.P.

We plan on doing the whole tour and wondering about the Long Haulers (only) Get Together on
                Saturday. My real question is what do you get out of it and what does it involve. Start time
                and ending time. Do I need to stay another night? Just wondering... If I have to wait a couple hours in line to get
                my card punched/verified at one of the daily stops I might just bail out. I would rather cruise, see the sights,
                talk with the people and hang out.... Life is to short to wait in line

If I do the whole tour I'll know I am a Long Hauler 2015. So what is Saturday all about?? Thanks!!

Can't wait to load the cooler up with Boudan, Cajun Sausage & Mudbugs (if they are still in season)
                from Louisiana for the return trip home.
                Looking forward experiencing the tour and meeting all of you H.R.P.T. Troopers! (not the cops)

Cheers!

J-Bird

Comment

• Long Haulers meeting typically starts around 9:00am and goes a couple of hours. The line is to get your free long haulers gift after the GM brainwashing session is over. It can be long and the gift is rarely of any value more that just a keepsake for your participation in the tour.

Comment

Long Haulers meeting typically starts around 9:00am and goes a couple of hours. The line is to get your free long haulers gift after the GM brainwashing session is over. It can be long and the gift is rarely of any value more that just a keepsake for your participation in the tour.

Thanks for the info cstmwgn. It is greatly appreciated!! I suspected something of the nature.

Comment

• Usually a sign (better than the backpack year, not as nice as the tool bag year) to hang in your garage. But the last meeting also say goodbye to your friends of the last 7 days too.

Phil / Omaha

Comment

• You punch your card daily at each venue so you can get into the Saturday party. I hope to make the long haul one day. Unfortunately it's not looking like this will be my year. Maybe I'll get lucky & hit the lottery to smooth out the financial issues that keep hitting me.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Usually a sign (better than the backpack year, not as nice as the tool bag year) to hang in your garage. But the last meeting also say goodbye to your friends of the last 7 days too.

That's cool. Especially saying goodbye. Totally understand... Looks by the pic you can also get some rabbit ears too!
                          Thanks for the reply!

Comment

• C'mon out and we'll teach you the BangShift salute, it's real easy, right Allen ?
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                              C'mon out and we'll teach you the BangShift salute, it's real easy, right Allen ?
                              Your NUMBER ONE!

Comment

Working...
                              X