NEW ORLEANS? night of Biloxi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW ORLEANS? night of Biloxi?

So I put everything into Google Maps today.

I used Biloxi Mississippi Coliseum as the venue, because Travelplanners has Biloxi as the TBA city. I noticed New Orleans was half way between Biloxi and Baton Rouge... That got me thinking??? ( i know that can get dangerous)

Would it be worth it to go to the French Quarter the night we are in Biloxi? and meet up with the route the next day?

Anyone else think of this? or doing this?

I am going to book a hotel somewhere near the French Quarter while i ponder this this a little more, and also figure out if I am going to Long Haul or not. Funds are going to be an issue, whole family is planning a trip to Disney this year, and family first!
    Last edited by GTPilot88; December 11, 2014, 11:42 PM.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

The only thing is I would be worried about my vehicle the whole time. Last time we where in New orleans there where cars on blocks sitting in the road. I was in a rental so I didn't really care but I don't think I would like my truck sitting out. That's just me. A quick stop maybe and eat but not going to spend the night if I can help it.
    Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I will have my 17 year old son with me. A drive through may be the best thing.

Comment

I will have my 14 year old son with me so I'll have to pass on that detour.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Andy4639 View Post
          The only thing is I would be worried about my vehicle the whole time. Last time we where in New orleans there where cars on blocks sitting in the road. I was in a rental so I didn't really care but I don't think I would like my truck sitting out. That's just me. A quick stop maybe and eat but not going to spend the night if I can help it.
          I was planning on finding a hotel with a secure lot. My wife has an uncle that works downtown and could lead us in the right direction. He drives a Mercedes or Lexus to work everyday and sometimes has to stay over night too.
          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

this hotel is right in the middle of the french quarter and they have a parking garage, also, you could stay out in Slidell or Bay st.louis

The Brakeman is a New Orleans boutique hotel located in Basin St. Station, originally Norfolk Southern Railway station, between the historic Treme neighborhood, the French Quarter and the St. Louis Cemetery.

Comment

The coliseum in Biloxi is already booked for a fair on June 11, per their website. I think it will be in downtown Biloxi where the Block Party is during Cruisn' the Coast. The Block Party has more cars than HRPT.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I have an alternate reservation at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter for that night. If we use it i am planning on parking in one of the ramps downtown. Biloxi looks like a cool stop though and the drive that day will already be pretty long. We'll see when we get closer.
                Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                74 Nova Project
                66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                79 Chevy Truck Project
                1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by 74NovaMan View Post
                  I have an alternate reservation at the Holiday Inn in the French Quarter for that night. If we use it i am planning on parking in one of the ramps downtown. Biloxi looks like a cool stop though and the drive that day will already be pretty long. We'll see when we get closer.
                  IF it is the same Holiday Inn that boob always stays in - it has an attached secured parking garage and is a very easy walk (stumble) to Bourbon Street.

Comment

Afternoon guys-
                    I am being told by the action packed Midgety wife this year's tour is a requirement for us as they are going to be near new Orleans. Personally, my paranoia complex ranks around the level of the muppet beaker dealing with a fire...
                    I also promise that while on tour we will not be trying to reproduce the movie "Fear is the Key". Especially that jump onto the fairy boat...

Ed, let me know the info of that hotel with security. Trying to stick with the BS group this year in cities I have no clue about.

Andrew

Andrew
                    1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                    2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

I've never heard Disney and the French Quarter mentioned in the same sentence.
                      Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                      If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                      X