No announcement yet.

2015 PowerTour Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks...blznnp it is different for sure. But I like being different I guess. Good luck with the f100 and post pics when you get started.

Comment

• Mike 327 are you talking about the cruise in on Evelyn Gandy Parkway? If so I will do my best to make it to one if I am home. I work in the oilfield so I am gone 2 weeks out of the month. If there are others I would like to know. Maybe I can make It to one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxer95 View Post
        Mike 327 are you talking about the cruise in on Evelyn Gandy Parkway? If so I will do my best to make it to one if I am home. I work in the oilfield so I am gone 2 weeks out of the month. If there are others I would like to know. Maybe I can make It to one.
        Yep that's it, they have others but mostly the younger crowd. Oil field trash myself, offshore for 30 years now. I have a 55 patiently waiting for me to start work on it....retirement project.
        I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I give up offshore a little over 6 years ago. Spent some time overseas and now in west Texas. But yeah I am the oilfield trash too going on 21 years. If they have a cruise in march 14th I will be there. I should have the interior finished when I go home in another week. I would like to see your 55.

Comment

• Looks like we are going to be opposite hitch, I'm home right now. Look forward to seeing your 55 and picking your brain over some does and donts.
            I have ADD with a lazy feature.....according to my wife!

Comment

• I"m looking forward to seeing all of these nice rides. Which green is that '55 wearing? Looks good on it.
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 22, 2015, 04:07 PM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• well now that the 59 is fixed i have a dilema . in 2010 i took my wie and daughter and the wagon blew the rear so we rented a dodge charger and did the tour. well at the time i was impressed by the charger and talked about looking at a dodge magnum wagon. well fast forward 4 yrs and i own a 2005 dodge magnum rt with a hemi. while not as cool as the 59 it is way more comfy . i'm kinda leanin towards the magnum as it opens up how far i will cruise to check things out besides the tour

Comment

• Little off topic, but the gold rush ralley, high end exotics and sports cars, will be in New Orleans on the 11 and going to Jacksonville Florida on the 12th. We might see them on the leg to Baton Rouge.

Comment

• I am with you oletrux4ever I can't wait to see all these rides. There are all really nice ones in the avatars. The color on mine is 2005 jeep electric lime green.

Comment

• Originally posted by 59brook View Post
                      well now that the 59 is fixed i have a dilema . in 2010 i took my wie and daughter and the wagon blew the rear so we rented a dodge charger and did the tour. well at the time i was impressed by the charger and talked about looking at a dodge magnum wagon. well fast forward 4 yrs and i own a 2005 dodge magnum rt with a hemi. while not as cool as the 59 it is way more comfy . i'm kinda leanin towards the magnum as it opens up how far i will cruise to check things out besides the tour
                      Some friends of ours rented a Charger a while back and were also impressed. They have since bought a Charger and a Challenger. Just had to share the story as your experience sounds familiar!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxer95 View Post
                        I am with you oletrux4ever I can't wait to see all these rides. There are all really nice ones in the avatars. The color on mine is 2005 jeep electric lime green.
                        I like it!
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• We are rebuilding the engine in our 62 Rambler Classic SW. We went on the 2012 PT with it.

Nick
                          Attached Files

Comment

• 1979 Indianapolis 500 F-150 "Official Truck" is getting close. We pick it up from the paint shop Thursday morning. After a month of paint curing, we will put the body side decals on, the glass in and spray the bedliner. Then a few underhood goodies and a set of 300 gears.

This year my buddy will be driving the Indy truck while I take our trusty Mach 1. This will be the Mach's 4th HRPT and 2nd long haul. . It's going to be a ton of fun !

Comment

• Oh wow. I've seen only a few of those pace trucks around. There was one for sale locally for $1600 but no one really knew about it so it sat on Craigslist forever cause to most it was just another F150. Did you have the decals custom made?
                              Visit my sons blog:
                              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• Damon, these trucks are pretty rare nowadays. Believe it or not they built about 6000 of them in all including 100-150-250-350 and two and four wheel drives. You don't see many now because no one knows what they are.

I bought this one out of the Bristol, Tn area a couple years ago. I've owned 5 of them with three of them currently in my possession.

We have started a registry trying to document the trucks and get an idea how many are known to be left. The decals are a cooperative effort between a couple of us and are spectacular. They are exact reproductions that another Indy owner in Oregon is selling.

I was lucky enough to find a 4 foot by 6 foot dealer showroom poster in Kansas City. In in the process of having it reproduced. Send me any info you can on these trucks and we will add it to our database. The launch of the website is coming soon also.

Thanks ! Dean

Comment

Working...
                                X