2015 PowerTour Rides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 93Roan View Post
    Damon23 Nice to see your Mustang. Our first Mustang was a 1985 LX Convertible 5.0/5 Speed that we purchased new that was in the same color combination as your Mustang. Looking forward to linking up with you and other Mustangers during the Tour.

Are you in the Atlanta area? Do you show your Mustang and if you do will you be at the MCA National Show in Augusta (actually Groveland), GA on May 22 thru 24?

I'm in Douglasville and I no longer have that car. Sold it a few months after powertour. I've had 4 fox body mustangs over the last two years and have now moved on to the older big cars. I had a lot of fun in the '84 GT350 5 speed 302 vert, the '85 GT 5 speed hardtop, '89 Tan 5.0 coupe and that 89 Tan 5.0 vert. I won't be able to make the MCA show this year but look forward to seeing you on the tour.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
      Does not look like the Catalina will make it. Too much to do in order to get it where i'd feel comfortable with the 900 mile trip up there and then make it down and back and i'd rather not miss the tour this year just to have the funds to work on the car. The more we drive it the more I want to ditch the 700r4 and put a th400 in it. Another member here hit the nail on the head with the rear gearing and that transmission not liking each other and I'm not going to do a rear end change. It would be cheaper to swap out the transmission in this car. After that the front end needs to be gone thru so that put the kabosh on the whole idea so if it makes it thru then it should make its debut on the '16 tour. So, as I won't be unique it is going to be the facelifted '13 Challenger. At least I'll get good mpg's and it did alright on the autocross in '13.

I was getting ready to ask about the Catalina making it but I think you're just scared of getting piss poor fuel mileage.
      HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

• Originally posted by moparjim71 View Post

Very nice! Looks like you will have a long drive to get here.
        Thanks! A work in progress for the last quarter century or so. (Came off the road in '79, has been more or less back on since '00) A few more things to take care of before the big trip, but it's coming together. The big block got EFI, and just swapped the 4.86 gears for some 3.25's. Think it will be a weeks drive out, and then another week home...

Comment

• Originally posted by Salkeld View Post

Thanks! A work in progress for the last quarter century or so. (Came off the road in '79, has been more or less back on since '00) A few more things to take care of before the big trip, but it's coming together. The big block got EFI, and just swapped the 4.86 gears for some 3.25's. Think it will be a weeks drive out, and then another week home...
          Looking forward to meeting you & the pick-em-up on the tour
          a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

• 1st time. joining in Memphis. The only plan I got.....
            Last edited by mississipisunburst; April 25, 2015, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• I'll probably just do the leg from Champaign to Gateway, I've never been on the Power tour before so I guess that makes me a Newbie?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Purple I at Sonny's.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	1025883
              Last edited by Grumpy; April 25, 2015, 03:50 PM.
              sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                I'll probably just do the leg from Champaign to Gateway, I've never been on the Power tour before so I guess that makes me a Newbie?
                [ATTACH]n1025883[/ATTACH]
                If so, that will only last until you get to Gateway........then you can give lessons...........
                Last edited by oletrux4evr; April 25, 2015, 04:40 PM.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• I will be driving a 2003 corvette Z06 . I made the long haul in 2013 but this year will be coming up from central Fl. and have to pick it up in Hoover.

Comment

• This is my one and only plan.

This is my friends car that he is going to bring to break his Power Tour cherry.
                    1964 Chevelle
                    Power Tour 2004-2008, 2013, 2015-2016, 2018
                    LH 2005-2008, 2015-2016, 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                      I was getting ready to ask about the Catalina making it but I think you're just scared of getting piss poor fuel mileage.

The fuel mileage has something to do with it as this year we are on a tighter budget than last. My tenure as a homeschool teacher ends in May and it is back to work for a couple weeks before the tour. Thanks to a few members and the tech section I have the solution to the transmission/shifting issue and if we can pull off the rear swap economically then the car may be able to make it. I'm having a issue with squealing brakes but I'm working on that. I'd feel way more comfortable with it if I had a group to run with up there but I don't know anyone around my parts taking the route at the same time I am. I'd love to leave on the 4th but that is a extra two extra hotel rooms.
                      Visit my sons blog:
                      www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

• Tried to drive the bug to work today. One of the front wheels did not want to make the trip. Teresa came to our rescue and the bug and I made it home safe. Minimal carnage considering it happened at 70mph.

Name:	IMG_7189.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1027034

Name:	IMG_7190.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	209.8 KB
ID:	1027033

We are currently looking at all 3 options for this years tour. Leaning toward something with heat and top end speed.

Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                        74 Nova Project
                        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                        79 Chevy Truck Project
                        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

• Oh no! Glad you are OK!
                          Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

• I'll bring this as I feel it could be a good place to sell it. Can only make Madison (Fri-Sat) but maybe that will do it... Bumpers removed, turn signal kit added, custom exhaust added, rear gears changed (much peppier now), and truly in like new condition. Has 61xxx miles but only $24,900 too. We'll see...

Comment

• Originally posted by mississipisunburst View Post
                              1st time. joining in Memphis. The only plan I got.....
                              I have a white 2008 panel. We took it (plan B) in 2010. Sure did enjoy the A/C down around Mobile. We looked at a new SS when they came out. But were told they were only available in black, white & red.
                              ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

• this is my Cobra will have seven Mustangs in all

Comment

Working...
                                X