A good man gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for your loss.
    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Perry.

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

Condolences to you Perry. He is alive in you and your children. You and your family will be in our thoughts.
        Visit my sons blog:
        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Perry, so very sorry to hear about your dad. You were lucky to have him as long as you did. It's hard to lose a parent no matter how old you are.
          Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
          Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Thank you all for thoughts, prayers, and kind words. The pic is fall 1990 like I said dad was not a car guy, now he would work on them to save money from a repair bill "cause he can fix it his self".
            But he was a little intrigued with my hot rodding and racing so he went with me to Tylertown Miss to buy this dragster and we had just rolled into the shop when he said that's some mighty big tires on there but their wore out. I just chuckled and explained it but he still thought I had wasted my money again. Dad had that depression era mentality don't spend unless you have to and save everything you might need it someday. Thanks again Guys...... and Gals!
            '
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Oh my, thoughts and prayers and condolences Perry. I lost my dad in 2000. Yeah, that's tough for sure. That's a life-lick right there, a hard one to take. We're right here with ya my great friend! And like Unit said, you won't ever "get over it." My dad's right here with me all the time, even in my dreams at night, he's in them. Usually he's a younger man and I'm a kid again, in my dreams at night. Those days.
              Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Sorry to hear that Perry. His attitude on cars & money sounds very much like my dads was. He was also a product of the depression. We lost him in 2001. It is never easy. Peace be with you.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

So sorry for your loss Perry. Isn't it your mom that helps you with the boys? Prayers for your family during this time.

Comment

Tough to give them up.. Our thoughts go out to you and your family..God's speed
                    PT 2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2014-2015
                    1970 EL CAMINO

Comment

Sorry for your loss Perry. I lost my Dad back in 91, I was 26. I still miss him.
                      Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                      Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                      Kansas City 2017

Comment

Funeral was today, everything went well. Thanks again for all the prayers and words of encouragement, this is a great group of folks and I'm glad I fell in with ya.
                        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Perry, It's never easy loosing a Dad. I lost my Dad 3 years ago this week and it seems like it was yesterday. So I feel your pain. May he rest in peace and you and your family stay strong. My prayers go out to you and your family..
                          I just love my Hot Rods.

Long Hauled 2009,2010,2011,2012 and 2013. Loved every minute of it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your loss man.
                            Andrew
                            1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport and other FoCoMo problem children

2020...year of getting screwed by a Narcissist and learning hard lessons into trusting the wrong people on a business venture.
                            2021...year of singing "99 problems but an asshole ain't one"

Moved cross country twice on a role of the dice...I left Nebraska and came back to Nebraska.

Comment

Working...
                            X