My PowerTour friends, can anyone help? Hickory, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PowerTour friends, can anyone help? Hickory, NC

Here I go again. I saw this truck up in HIckory, NC and I can't get it out of my eyes. It is nothing fancy, just a old Dodge long bed but it is done up how I like them. Hickory is a little over 4 hours from me. I was wondering if anyone had the time that they could put eyes on it for me? He says it would make it across the country but we have all heard that one before. I just want to make sure it is a good foundation and that it does run and drive before I invest in the day or the dough to have it shipped down. I will compensate you for the time of course. Any takes please let me know. Thanks.
    Visit my sons blog:
    www.driftundertheradar.com

Well, that plan quickly got nixed. Looks like we are going to put some money into the '63 Catalina and see if it will be good for the powertour.
    Visit my sons blog:

Comment

What year Dodge truck are you looking for?
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Not one in particular. I just saw the truck on craigslist and liked it. I figured I could put the same money in this Catalina and have a cool car to possibly take on powertour. My car ADD getting the best of me.
        Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Wow, that didn't last very long ... less than 3 hours !!!

Comment

Well lets see the Cat!
            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

If you change your mind, PM me. I will go look at it. I am 45 minutes away.

Comment

Kinda sounds like my dreams, ever changing or the wife crushes them..
                HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

I'll get some pics up of it soon. I really like that old truck but I think the Cat would be a better car for the trip. I still may get that Dodge but I have to wait for the mechanic to get back in town and let me know what I'm up against with the motor in this Catalina.
                  Visit my sons blog:

Comment

If that falls through I have a '71 Dodge pickup that I may sell. Let me know if you have any interest.
                    Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Originally posted by Gwood74 View Post
                      Kinda sounds like my dreams, ever changing or the wife crushes them..
                      That's why Vic is so lucky, I love cars as much as he does!! I would never dream of asking him not to go to/on a car event. And I have no problem at all with him doing mods to his Chevelle, as long as my El Camino gets some love, too!! Closest we ever come to an arguement is over who is gonna drive!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

She didn't crush them. I just actually thought about it first before I acted. Once the Catalina is on the road then I may rethink it. Besides, I'd want a older truck anyway.
                        Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                          That's why Vic is so lucky, I love cars as much as he does!! I would never dream of asking him not to go to/on a car event. And I have no problem at all with him doing mods to his Chevelle, as long as my El Camino gets some love, too!! Closest we ever come to an arguement is over who is gonna drive!
                          In our family I'm the finder. Then he gently reminds me we have WAY TOO many cars/truck/suburbans/van/wagons to get any more. We'd have to live to be 150 to fix them all.
                          Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                          Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                          Kansas City 2017

Comment

Damon if you remember Micheal Bowman from 2013 HRPT he lives in Hickory plus he has a shop he runs. Him and his dad had the bare metal 54 Chevy truck and the Suburban.
                            • 7941 Old Nc 10
                            • Hickory, North Carolina 28602
                            Phone (828) 397-7500
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3149.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	996995 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3151.JPG
Views:	33
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	996996
                            Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

I do remember them now. Those were some cool trucks. I'm going to dump the money into the Catalina. It goes down next week to get the bugs worked out. Fingers crossed it is simple. If I bring it on the tour I want to have whatever done to the body done.
                              Visit my sons blog:

Comment

Working...
                              X