No announcement yet.

Very Sad News Tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went on one Power Tour with my husband and Mike and Donna made me feel like I was not a stranger but part of the family. My heart goes out to Donna and their family.
    Angie

Comment

WOW,just at a total loss for words.Mike was always one of the first to say hello at the open day venue.So sorry for you loss Donna,Mike was a great guy and will always remember that smile.
      Keep smiling,makes them wonder whats on your mind.

Comment

Our deepest sympathy to Donna and her family. Tina and I met Mike and Donna on our very first Power Tour in 08. I felt like I knew Mike my entire life the very second he introduced himself and Donna as "redragtop". I knew I had a friend forever.....I dont think Mike ever met a stranger, and if he did, they were only a stranger for less than a minute.
        God speed Mike......I will miss you greatly.....
        A picture of Mike talking Oldsmobile shop talk with one of our party guests.
        HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
        DW- 12,16,17
        "Stay thirsty my friends"
        The worlds most interesting man

Comment

Rip Mike. I met Mike and Donna through forum freaks ( looking at you Bluelightning, boob, Alan, buddy), like others have said they talked to me from the first moment like we grew up together.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Mike will be missed by (I'm not exaggerating) thousands of Power Tour and Bangshift friends.

Kathy and I met Mike and Donna in 2011 on I-95 in Georgia heading for Cocoa Beach for our first long haul, excitement was high when we saw the Power Tour banner on the windshield of a red Cutlass convertible, of course they passed us and they were gone. It was late and we pulled into a motel and there was the red cutlass. I was squabbling with the clerk about the room rate, Mike walks up, pulls out some kinda magical government card and got us his discount rate.....we've been friends ever since.

I feel very blessed to have known him. Thanks Mike, Thanks Donna, you're the best! Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike and Donna 2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	999330 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mike and Donna.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	355.8 KB
ID:	999331
            Last edited by papasmurf587; January 12, 2015, 07:51 PM.
            John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
            Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

simply put still in shock. only met mike and donna a couple of time, but from the minute you met them you could tell they would be great people to get to know. Godspeed mike.

Comment

Wow, this is hard to believe. We cruised with Mike and Donna on several Power Tours. Our deepest condolences, thoughts, and prayers go out to Donna and the rest of the family. I just was thinking about Mike and Donna last week as I was working in lower Michigan, and it made me smile.
                Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Very sad to hear this. Like so many have already said, Mike and Donna were so nice from the moment we met. Every year when I start talking HRPT to the wife she asks if we will see Mike and Donna. Our deepest condolences to Donna and the entire family. Mike was one of the best people we have ever had the privilege to know and he will be dearly missed.

Chris and Sandra

Comment

So sad. I met Mike and Donna at the Long Hauler awards in the Dells. I could tell they were a lot of fun. He will be missed by many.
                    Arlington, Texarkana, Little Rock, 2013
                    Long Hauler 2014, 2016, 2018
                    Kansas City 2017

Comment

Thank you to everyone for all your kinds words and phone calls today. Has all meant so much to me, Is really going to be hard going forward. Mike was my best friend and not sure how to live without him. Thank you all
                      Donna
                      Williamston, MI
                      Long Haul 2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 2012,2013,2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021

Comment

For those who Knew Mike and for those who didn't. So long my friend. Click image for larger version

Name:	Moms thinking.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	45.5 KB
ID:	999432

Mikes final goodbye

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dig...28&mid=6275396
                        Last edited by Andy4639; January 13, 2015, 03:16 AM.
                        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	555896_456353787708691_1832515343_n.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	999442

Farewell Mike, you will be missed by many.....
                          200WINS HRPT Long Haul 2008, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Bettendorf, WI Dells, 15 Champaign, Madison, 16 OK City, Wichita, KC, 17 KC, Newton
                          Forum Freaks Road Trip, 2020 Kool Deadwood Nites, 2021 Southernmost Road Trip, 2022 Great Southern Tour

Comment

Bristol - 2009
                            Last edited by tcbnj; January 13, 2015, 05:15 AM.
                            a.k.a. - arrowhead from joysey

"They're no good for you. all they ever think about are cars" (GTO/Warren Oates) - Two Lane Blacktop

Comment

Donna, I am so sorry for your loss..... Meeting you & Mike on my first Power Tour at the Madison Quaker Stake and Lube in 2009 and welcomed me into the BangShift family.... He was a true friend and I will miss him as will everyone that was blessed with meeting him...... My condolences to you and your family on this very sad day.....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                              1966 Plymouth Fury III
                              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

I just posted this today.

"A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Working...
                                X