Flower Arrangements For Mike's Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower Arrangements For Mike's Service

I thought it might be convenient to find a way for everyone to contribute to something for Mike’s service. We all loved him, and I am certain we all want to be a part of remembering him in some special way.

I have contacted Vivees’ Floral. The phone number is 517-655-2191. You can call and contribute any amount over $15 (credit card minimum) that you desire towards a flower arrangement, or a live plant for the funeral service. Make sure to tell them you are a member of Bang Shift. We have our own ‘account’, and the contributions will be pooled. Also, please advise them of your vote for either a plant, or an arrangement when you make your contribution. They will provide the arrangement(s) or plant(s) that we collectively have paid for, and voted on. This way everyone can chip in as much as is affordable. If you want to leave your name for the accompanying card, you may do so. If you desire to participate, please do so as soon as possible, their ‘cut off’ for additional orders is Thursday, at 5:00 EST.

Thanks to those of you who have already sent flowers, and to all of you BangShifters who will contribute in this way. Thanks for being part of the Bang Shift family’s tribute to our friend, Mike.

Thanks to all of you.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Ed, I just called and made a donation toward whatever arrangement is selected. Thanks for setting this up. I talked to Chad on Monday and I think that he is also sending something from Bang Shift as a whole.
    Jim & Maureen
    There is a fine line between hobby and obsession and I think I crossed it!!
    HRPT Long Haulers 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013

Comment

Ed- Awesome. Giselle and I wanted to do something and this sounds like a great idea. Bangshifters are a big family, regardless of the disagreements. Again, my hats off to you brother. I salute you!!
      sigpic

"People Sleep Peacefully in their beds at Night Because Rough Men Stand Ready to do violence on their Behalf."
      - George Orwell

Comment

Wonderful idea, Ed and Mary. Just got off the phone with the florist.

Gwen (Phil's wife)

Comment

Donation sent to the florist. Thanks for getting this setup. I was going to do something but got very busy at work today.
          Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Good idea Ed. Will be calling in the morning when they reopen.
            Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Made donation.. Thanks ed wish, home done of the locals can make it to the visitation/funeral too.
              Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

We will be contributing tomorrow. Thanks so much for thinking of this, Ed. Wish we all could be there to support Donna and her family during the service.
                Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Thanks Ed, I'll be calling this morning to donate......

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
                  1966 Plymouth Fury III
                  2014 Dodge Ram 1500
                  Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
                  Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

didnt know mike but seems too have made a good impresion did donate this am rest in pease fellow gearhead

Comment

Thanks for setting this up Ed! Just got off of the phone with them... Good People...
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Done, Thank you Ed for setting this up and thanks to everyone that has gone in on it.

Comment

Plants from our donations, and floral arrangement from Chad and BS

Last edited by GTPilot88; January 15, 2015, 04:09 PM.
                          Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

There are also some very nice arrangements from other BangShifters...........a good representation of our little family. I think Donna and her family are touched by our support, and sincerely appreciate it. Thanks to all of you.
                            Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 15, 2015, 08:55 PM.
                            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Well guys 'n gals, you hit it out of the park also. I spoke with the florist before the service this morning and she was still sending flowers to the funeral home. She said she was overwhelmed at the showing of love and support for Mike and Donna..........I won't tell you the total amount of contributions raised, but she said it was the largest she had ever seen. There were at least 3 more floral arrangements, and I suspect she ran out of live plants.

The service was a full celebration of Mike's life, and was punctuated by tears, chuckles, and outright bursts of laughter, as well as a gentle reminder of our mortality and the possibilities that eternity holds for us all............I think there were around 200 people there, including about 12 BangShifters.

The pastor was aware of our BangShift family, and remarked about how he had never seen a group from all over the country rally around one of their own like you all did...........by doing so, he not only complimented our group, but he also attested to Mike's character, and the positive effect he had on us all.......it was a lovely service, and was a great tribute to our friend, Mike Franks. Keep Donna in your prayers.
                              Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 16, 2015, 08:04 PM.
                              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'

Comment

Working...
                              X